• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Reading complaints about the 20 min innings break (understandably) but when Pakistan had to restart their innings and they did that thing where the sides had to wait to get back out because it had to start right on 4:30pm is a real pet hate of mate.

Why not just get it started as soon as possible instead of at a 'proper time? There's not even the excuse now of its needed for the FTA broadcaster.

There has got to be a better way to restart play after rain breaks than exists now; it feels like things have barely advanced from a century ago.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I ****ing hate that ****. As soon as the ground's dry, get out there and get going ffs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah I ****ing hate that ****. As soon as the ground's dry, get out there and get going ffs.
Isn’t part of the issue that they are saying that it’ll be ready at x o’clock if there’s no more bad weather so they have to factor in getting things ready?

Burgey

They often say that, but when you’re at the ground you frequently see the ground ready to go and the players and umpires waiting for the given start time. It for hours or anything, but often for a few minutes. Sometimes enough for an extra over or so. I think it’s more frustrating when you’re there as opposed to watching on tv.

slippy888

International Captain
Pakistan put themselves behind with a sluggish 1st 10 overs of bad batting 62 runs is not enough you need at least 75

Spark

Global Moderator
I guess this has been a very impressive two weeks of T20 cricket from Aus but it's not much of a spectacle.

Burgey

Another Smith one man show. Basically like an Ashes highlights show. Best all round player I’ve ever seen. Plenty smash them harder, but every time they’re in strife it’s just all on him. And he rarely fails to make a score, even in his lesser formats. Just a freak.

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Steve Smith seems to be getting better if anything. I wasn't sure whether he had the big hitting capability required for T20 but when he bats like tonight that's no issue.

Does Wahab Riaz have a good rep in T20s? I wouldn't have thought he'd be suited to this format.

Burgey

The way Smith batted tonight is kind of how I imagine Bradman would have played LO stuff - just hit where they ain’t no matter what it takes or how it looks

And keep him away from the captaincy ffs. Just let him keep batting

vcs

Class is class no matter the format, good to see Smith got runs.