• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a nightmare day for Pakistan, and I can’t say they were awful either. Just raw and a bit inconsistent.

Burgey

How far off are Pakistan from having consistent tests at home again? Would be awesome to see. I thought there was some suggestion it would happen again soon

vcs

Problem is, even if it is relatively safe, many players will bail out of going there and you really can't blame them. Those terrorists from 2009 have probably caused irreparable damage.

I think Sri Lanka are going to visit soon.

veganbob

U19 Captain
Ah so this is the school of "it's Australian and thus tantamount to a crime against humanity" logic that veganbob has employed in the past. My mistake.

Lol I have nothing against oz. Just because Pakistan were terrible does not mean the pitch isn't terrible. It is.
Oz too good tho.

Burgey

Yeah for sure. Sad but true. There’s a whole generation of international cricketers now who haven’t got to play there. Can’t think of any blokes still playing tests who have toured there.

Burgey

We also need to talk about Marnus Labushagne, who’s becoming a proper number three, our first since Ponting. Goes the grind and can also amp it up a bit.

Hopefully goes on to a big one tomorrow.

Burgey

On the plus side, the little bit I saw of Afridi and Naseem, they bowled decent. They're just too raw.
Yeah agreed. All the more reason for including Abbas, let alone the fact he averages 18. I mean Fmd, when was the last time an established bowler averaging sub 20 was left out of a test line up?

And his method - that nagging length with a hint of sideways is perfect for Warner and Burns. Weirdest omission I’ve seen in years tbh

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't seen any of this, but waking up this morning and looking at the score I, for reasons unknown, actually felt really pleased for David Warner after the summer he had here.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spent a few overs wondering if Abbas got injured yesterday. They dropped him. Heh.

Never change, Pakistan.

Groundking

International Debutant
Nice to see the flat track bully is living up to his name.

Has anybody tried angling it in round the wicket to him yet?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A delight meeting Marcuss today and we didn't even have to pull out our questionable back story to explain to his mate how we knew each other. He even bought me a beer. I, however, am a round dodger (to be fair, it was the last hour of the day).
Was great to have a bit of a chat over a beer mate. You're the bloke on holiday so it's only fair I get the first one in - you can return the favour when I venture to the other side of the Tasman!