• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Had a hunch they’d play the kid after the 2nd innings if the A game but thought they’d sit MI Khan. Gabba is a good ground. Sitting at long off from Lyons end. One beer in.
I'm showing restraint and not hitting the beers until after lunch.

OK, maybe during lunch.

OK, just before lunch.

OK, back in a minute.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I missed most of the first hour but it seems Australia has bowled a fraction short, and have been nmore concerned with bowling tight than pitching up a little more and being prepared to be driven.

trundler

What the ****, they left out Abbas! Crushing news. Absolutely horrid.

Solid batting so far though.

trundler

I missed most of the first hour but it seems Australia has bowled a fraction short, and have been nmore concerned with bowling tight than pitching up a little more and being prepared to be driven.
Tale as old as time

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Grinding, Attritional cricket but a pleasant surprise that Pak have not lost a single wicket in the first session. Good game.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Really concerned about the long-term effect of taking a big chunk of international cricket off FTA here
Hard to say how much those 2020s would matter. Brisbane is just an average venue with an average crowd with an uninteresting team touring

Burgey

It's just so true to bat on after an hour or so. And I reckon after the first session it's as good a batting deck as anywhere in the world. Comes onto the bat, consistent bounce. Just so damn good.

Excellent first session for Pakistan. Batted really well.

Spark

Global Moderator
Very good by Pakistan. Really solid Test match batting.

Hard to say how much those 2020s would matter. Brisbane is just an average venue with an average crowd with an uninteresting team touring
Yeah that's fair. Just worried about cutting the legs off the lead-in to the Tests might be a problem down the line outside of, say, the Ashes or India.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Very good by Pakistan. Really solid Test match batting.

Yeah that's fair. Just worried about cutting the legs off the lead-in to the Tests might be a problem down the line outside of, say, the Ashes or India.
It’s a massive issue anyway IMO. But I doubt it’s responsible for the small crowd today

Burgey

OMG you're so close to an historic CW meet up!

Would bring a tear to a glass eye, this.