• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn’t every man and his dog score runs against Pakistan when they last toured
Yeah and this attack looks even worse. Suffice it to say that any seemingly "impressive" Australian individual performances in this Test series are largely meaningless

a bit like in the series against Sri Lanka last summer

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lack of performances against Pakistan this summer will be more of an indictment than good performances will indicate quality. Just like the Sri Lanka tests last summer.

Still, I think Patterson and Burns would have given us a 3-1 scorecard instead of the 2-2 we ended up with.

TheJediBrah

Lack of performances against Pakistan this summer will be more of an indictment than good performances will indicate quality. Just like the Sri Lanka tests last summer.

Still, I think Patterson and Burns would have given us a 3-1 scorecard instead of the 2-2 we ended up with.
Hard to argue with that now. Burns was not the logical choice pre-series but no one could have predicted how bad Warner, especially, was going to be.

Patterson should have been in the side but when you think about it would he really have made the team stronger given that the player that he would have been replacing was probably Labuschagne?

aussie tragic

International Captain
So Australia have only picked 5 batsmen (and 2 WK batsmen) in the T20 squad. Two of those, Finch and Turner have not played a game since being injured.

Anyone else think this is short sighted?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Both Finch and Turner are scheduled to play the domestic 50 over game tomorrow, but I do agree it is a touch risky. Not as bad as that time when we picked Lynn after he was clearly injured in a BBL game a couple of years back though

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The WA squad has been released, Turner is confirmed back. Also in are Aaron Hardie, an ex Aus U19 allrounder most notable for dismissing Kohli with a ripper caught and bowled in a tour game last summer, and Lance Morris, a young pacer who supposedly has genuine wheels. MMarsh Paris and NCN out of the squad

morgieb

Yeah I don't think our batsmen have too much to fear from the Pakistani attack. I suppose the pitches they're playing on are more bowler-friendly than some but they've never done well in Australia and they're far closer to Sri Lanka than India. Who we flogged even without Smith and Warner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So Australia have only picked 5 batsmen (and 2 WK batsmen) in the T20 squad. Two of those, Finch and Turner have not played a game since being injured.

Anyone else think this is short sighted?
The squad is fine. I wouldnt even mind if we just play 6 out of the 7 bats. Also I dont think it will be too tough to bring in someone. Besides Wade, who do you think is unlucky?

smash84

The Tiger King
God, this Pak attack will get bloody murdered. Why are T20 bowlers being tried in the test format?

The new domestic format certainly hasn't deepened the player pool just yet.

Haven't had time to follow any cricket of late. I hope Pak can at least put a decent performance in the tests. Have 0 interest in the T20s.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I'm not usually optimistic regarding Australia especially in regards to batting, but this Pakistan team looks weak apart from a few players. Since they last toured Australia are slightly worse, but Pakistan are much worse

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I'm not usually optimistic regarding Australia especially in regards to batting, but this Pakistan team looks weak apart from a few players. Since they last toured Australia are slightly worse, but Pakistan are much worse
Are Australia really much worse? We still have Smith and Warner, and have replace Khawaja with Labuschagne. The other three will be whoever the dart happens to land on next. Which is what it was back then too. Australia have had ATG Smith, ATVG Warner and one other test class batsman for basically the last 6 years.

morgieb

Are Australia really much worse? We still have Smith and Warner, and have replace Khawaja with Labuschagne. The other three will be whoever the dart happens to land on next. Which is what it was back then too. Australia have had ATG Smith, ATVG Warner and one other test class batsman for basically the last 6 years.
Warner's probably a worse batsman than he was three years ago, in fairness.

vcs

I'm expecting Babar Azam to have a breakout Test series away from home, and Abbas should do some damage in the day night Test, but Australia should have too much for Pakistan here.