• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not sure how effective Abbas will be. He's not very tall so he isn't in the Ambrose/McGrath mould which is basically ideal but he can apparently get it to reverse anywhere.
He might need to adjust his length a bit. You can leave a lot of balls on length over here which you have to play at elsewhere. It's just the pitches here are, like the men, hard and true.

****ing good thing this match isn't being played in Sydney today. Air quality is Delhi/ Beijing levels due to the fires.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I hope the young fella does well and they aren't crueling him. Tough initiation for him, playing up there.
Yeah my biggest worry is that his confidence will be shattered if this goes south. Playing Oz at the highest level in a 5 day match at 16. Could turn bad fast.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He might need to adjust his length a bit. You can leave a lot of balls on length over here which you have to play at elsewhere. It's just the pitches here are, like the men, hard and true.

****ing good thing this match isn't being played in Sydney today. Air quality is Delhi/ Beijing levels due to the fires.
Is it really that bad? I haven't had clean air for weeks.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone else popping along? I'm in Brissy for a few days so am heading along to day 1 (once I have some breakfast and buy a hat).

Burgey

Sorry to hear you're in Brisbane mate. That's a tough blow.

Be honest, you've been on the GC at Schoolies, haven't you? :ph34r:

Burgey

Is it really that bad? I haven't had clean air for weeks.
Worst I've seen it today, out of any of the past few weeks. Couldn't see the Harbour Bridge from the Anzac this morning, air was so thick. Felt crook after being out in it for only a few minutes.*

*Might have been the Cafe Patron shots at the Colombian last night, but who knows.

Burgey

Yeah my biggest worry is that his confidence will be shattered if this goes south. Playing Oz at the highest level in a 5 day match at 16. Could turn bad fast.
The good news is he's bowling to Joe Burns, who looks and acts like a feel-good late 1960s folk singer. So that should help. Will be very annoyed if the parties are unable to resolve this matter this morning and it runs.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The idea you have to be quick to succeed in Australia is a bit of a false meme. Amir hit the low 140s out here last time.
Difference with McGrath is that he always was able to get bounce, something Amir not really capable of. And bounce is often a better weapon in Oz conditions than swing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No Abbas?

okay whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
I was quietly concerned this would happen after Imran cleaned up in the tour game.

Well done Aus A in playing their best bowler out of the side by simply playing their lesser bowlers terribly.

the big bambino

International Captain
Difference with McGrath is that he always was able to get bounce, something Amir not really capable of. And bounce is often a better weapon in Oz conditions than swing.
Fair enough though shorter guys like philander have had success. I think you need a fast bowler in your side out here but fast medium can still work. I saw Amir at Brisbane last time. Not as quick as Riaz but operated around 135-142.