• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
That ashes test though had one of the best Smith innings' of all time.
Was so good, first time I’d taken my missus to a test match, and she gets a Smith ton. She always that type of thing.
If the Pakistan bowlers have a good match here it could be really fun

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I dunno why we’re expecting so much from the Pakistani bowlers. Other than Abbas I fully expect them to **** the bed.

morgieb

I dunno why we’re expecting so much from the Pakistani bowlers. Other than Abbas I fully expect them to **** the bed.
Probably based on what happened in the Aus A game, where Abbas wasn't playing. Suppose it could be a fluke and Smith is a factor but I suspect it'll give them some confidence.

Daemon

Seriously lame that Amir retired from Tests. Had a pretty poor time in Australia on his comeback (plenty of drop catches tbf) but he's quality and would do proper damage to this current Australian lineup imo.

vcs

They won't miss him much outside of pitches/conditions offering him lots of assistance. Abbas/Naseem Shah/Afridi will be pretty good going forward I think. Amir didn't seem to have the appetite for putting in the hard yards in places like UAE where there was no assistance.

Burgey

Seriously lame that Amir retired from Tests. Had a pretty poor time in Australia on his comeback (plenty of drop catches tbf) but he's quality and would do proper damage to this current Australian lineup imo.
He'd average 60 odd here. About 15 against them anywhere else though.

the big bambino

International Captain
Tbf our batting then was as **** as it is now. I suppose he was dudded to run into hacks like Renshaw and Handscomb as they managed to flum a bit of form.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Amir was just too slow to prosper on Oz pitches as last tour showed. Local comms were talking up how unlucky he was but he wasn't that unlucky.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Heading home on Friday so hope to catch day 3 and 4 at the Gabba. Hope Pakistan bat first to make the game really interesting ;)

Spark

Global Moderator
Amir was just too slow to prosper on Oz pitches as last tour showed. Local comms were talking up how unlucky he was but he wasn't that unlucky.
I mean commentators often ascribe "bad luck" to things which aren't quite, but if catches are getting regularly put down off your bowling then that's as close to "bad luck" as you can get as a bowler; there's really nothing more you can do but create opportunities that your teammates should swallow. Mind you, if we grade on the standard Pakistani fielding curve, then things are a little different.

trundler

Ah, so we're resting all hope on a stylish new batsman who hasn't yet hit the mark in tests and a wholly unproven teen fast bowling prodigy. I have never seen this before..

Abbas to take 11/40 as Babar outscores both Australian innings with a double century on the first day.

trundler

I'm not sure how effective Abbas will be. He's not very tall so he isn't in the Ambrose/McGrath mould which is basically ideal but he can apparently get it to reverse anywhere.