• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2019 xi

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not quite the end of the year, and a few series to go until 2019 is done, but who are the front runners for team of the year? The make up should change in the next couple of months, but let's get the ball rolling. Ignoring Sharma for now, despite his impressive efforts. Imagine he will be in my XI on 31st Dec though.

I'll start. Gone with best openers rather than shoehorning middle order players into the role.

1. MA Agarwal
2. FDM Karunaratne
3. SPD Smith
4. V Kohli
5. AM Rahane
6. BA Stokes
7. Q de Kock+
8. PJ Cummins
9. KAJ Roach
10. SCJ Broad
11. NM Lyon

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Love that Roach is getting some recognition now. All the more remarkable considering his shoulder, and by extension his career, were hanging on by a thread just 3 or so years back

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not quite the end of the year, and a few series to go until 2019 is done, but who are the front runners for team of the year? The make up should change in the next couple of months, but let's get the ball rolling. Ignoring Sharma for now, despite his impressive efforts. Imagine he will be in my XI on 31st Dec though.

I'll start. Gone with best openers rather than shoehorning middle order players into the role.

1. MA Agarwal
2. FDM Karunaratne
3. SPD Smith
4. V Kohli
5. AM Rahane
6. BA Stokes
7. Q de Kock+
8. PJ Cummins
9. KAJ Roach
10. SCJ Broad
11. NM Lyon
Jadeja over Lyon. I don't think Lyon did that well this year. Holder, Bumrah and Archer all have strong cases for the fast bowling spots too. Batting line-up looks right for now.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having Holder behind Cummins is properly cooked
I also have Ravichandran "I could bat at 3" Ashwin at no.11.

I got to Kohli and realised either most players have sucked this year, or I've watched even less cricket than I thought.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I also have Ravichandran "I could bat at 3" Ashwin at no.11.

I got to Kohli and realised either most players have sucked this year, or I've watched even less cricket than I thought.
That double ton on a spicy Barbados deck was a truly phemomanal innings. People talk about Ben Stokes, people talk about Kusal Perera, but that innings is right up there imo

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Jadeja over Lyon. I don't think Lyon did that well this year. Holder, Bumrah and Archer all have strong cases for the fast bowling spots too. Batting line-up looks right for now.
Lyon has averaged 36 this year but he also has the most wickets for a spinner. It's too small a sample size for the others yet imo.