• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WBBL season 5

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im glad Healy didnt make it. She was poor during the crucial parts of the season, Mooney completely deserves it and I dont think we need 3 players from a non playoff team.

I agree Kerr and Tryon were a bit unlucky.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My gurl Hicks did take a ripper of a catch last game at square leg, it has to be said.

Semi Finals today. I know T20 by nature can be unpredictable but I think the two favourites Adelaide and Brisbane will win today.

Perth will be without their two English players, Sciver in particular is a big out. Any team with Lanning is dangerous though and Heather Graham is going to be very important too with ball and probably bat too with the absent internationals. I really rate the Strikers bowling attack. The batting heavily relies on Sophie Devine, lucky she is a beast.

Prediction: Adelaide to win by 24 runs / with 9 balls to spare

Brisbane play good cricket led by Mooney and Jonassen. I like how they regularly change the batting order by putting in the Harris sisters (particularly Laura at the right time). The more I think about this game the more I think it is going to be close due to the Gades bowling attack. Strano has been the key, but I think Tahuhu's spell up front is going to be vital. If she can get Mooney in her first spell, it is a whole different game. Georgia Wareham has a good opportunity to show why she is in the Aussie setup. I also kinda rate Maitlan Brown.

Duffin has been enormous this series and Heat wont feel safe at any point that she is at the crease. Back in the day when she went by Jess Cameron, she was pretty much Australia's best bat. Pretty cool that we can excel in both cricket and AFLW, Jodie Hicks idol perhaps.

Prediction Brisbane Heat by 5 runs / 2 balls to spare

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strikers way too good in the first SF. Hoping for a closer game in the second.

_Ed_

A bit of a late collapse, but the Heat always had that under control. Superb striking by Harris - awesome to watch.

_Ed_

Really looking forward to the final. Won't be able to see it live, but I'll record it and avoid spoilers until I can watch it.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Time for the wibble final. Go the heat! Much more player friendly conditions today.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
See, I told you lot Well0 could bat

Seriously though, superb innings. Strikers have a strong attack but everyone needs to be switched on from ball one

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah really great knock from Amanda Jade.

Big decision bringing Sammy Jo up to 3. Jonassen has been in great form.

stephen

Sammy Jo being promoted was a strike of genius.

Beth Mooney is so clutch. Brilliant batter.

_Ed_

Brilliant performance by the Heat - dominant in every way. It was really only Wellington's batting heroics that kept the Strikers in it for so long.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Let ourselves down a bit there in the field, but that's not to take away from a well oiled and versatile Heat team, deserving winners.

That Sammy Jo Johnson innings really knocked the wind of the sails for the Strikers, quality clean hitting

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I love how the Heat play an almost moneyball style of cricket utilising the 120 delivieries really well.

Kudos to Short for dropping down the order for the benefit of the team.

Strikers needed to field well to have a chance and they just didnt. That Wellington drop was baaaad.

_Ed_

Overall, I thought the standalone WBBL was superb. Last season's finals were better games, but I loved the atmosphere and quality through all the games I saw in this year's tournament (and the Kiwis doing so well didn't hurt). Hope it's even bigger and better next year.

stephen

Let ourselves down a bit there in the field, but that's not to take away from a well oiled and versatile Heat team, deserving winners.

That Sammy Jo Johnson innings really knocked the wind of the sails for the Strikers, quality clean hitting
Yeah those 5 balls really felt like the turning point in the innings from "it'll be tough" to "this is smooth sailing". It was such a stroke of genius to send SJJ in at that point.

Though the bowling performance by the Heart really had Adelaide on the back foot from the very beginning.