• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Finally some action inside the WICB with it's player's likely to become full-time professionals

India is expected to follow a similar suit.
What irony ? West Indian players become 'full-time professionals' when their performance becomes the most 'amateurish' in their entire history !! :p

Craig

World Traveller
Which if it weren't for World Series Cricket by Kerry Packer, none of this probabaly would have happened.

Or ifi t did, a lot latter.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
What irony ? West Indian players become 'full-time professionals' when their performance becomes the most 'amateurish' in their entire history !! :p
I assure you that the West Indies has been a lot worse. In fact, they didn't play as badly as Bangladesh played very well.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I assure you that the West Indies has been a lot worse. In fact, they didn't play as badly as Bangladesh played very well.
You are perhaps right about that but the 'barb' was really meant at the terrible decline in WIndies cricket over the last few years which really breaks one's heart.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I assure you that the West Indies has been a lot worse.
Well this has to be one of the West Indies lowest points:

2000/01 Frank Worrell Trophy in Australia, West Indies got thumped 5-0 by Australia and in the first two Tests they lost by an innings.

Craig

World Traveller
In all honesty, that had to be their worst team ever, despite it having Lara, Jacobs, Walsh etc.

Even if Lara was out of sort's I would rather have him there.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
In all honesty, that had to be their worst team ever, despite it having Lara, Jacobs, Walsh etc.

Even if Lara was out of sort's I would rather have him there.
In all honesty, probably not the worst WI players ever, but they just don't appear to be a team at all.

I reckon that Lara will not captain the side again after the second test against Bangladesh (but I've been wrong on that so many times before).

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
I reckon that Lara will not captain the side again after the second test against Bangladesh (but I've been wrong on that so many times before).
If Bangladesh manages to force a draw in the 2nd Test, then there would be people who would want Lara sacked. Though IMO I still reckon that Lara would be captain.

Though if Bangladesh manages to win the 2nd Test.... :unsure: