• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Test Bowling Stocks

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Which fast bowler is good for which conditions? We have significant variety. And I feel they should play horses for courses. For example, Ishant is very good in Australia where there is extra bounce. Bhuvi should play in English conditions. Umesh and Shami seem adept in Indian conditions.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bumrah everywhere

Bhuvi in England/SA and maybe even NZ if the conditions permit.

Shami and Ishant everywhere when Bhuvi isn't playing. One of them should make way for Bhuvi in the above countries.

Last edited:

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
When was the last time Indian bowlers bowled badly across a series? Even in the series losses in SA and Eng they were pretty good.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely the best all round bowling attack in the world now?
Two bad test hardly means you can entirely discount South Africa. Australia have a strong attack as well.

I think India are miles ahead of anyone else in India but their attack isn't as good as foreign attacks in foreign conditions.

Over the history of the game very few attacks have been better than all other attacks home and away though.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Two bad test hardly means you can entirely discount South Africa. Australia have a strong attack as well.

I think India are miles ahead of anyone else in India but their attack isn't as good as foreign attacks in foreign conditions.

Over the history of the game very few attacks have been better than all other attacks home and away though.
Now that Steyn is gone and Anderson ain't playing too much I think India can put up an attack similar to SA/Eng in away conditions as well, Australia's is better though.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

India's attack was about as good or even better than SA/Eng/SA on the recent tours while also completely outperforming any other attack by a huge margin in India.

I'd still have australia marginally better though because they have a spinner who can consistently do a job in any conditions.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
India's attack was about as good or even better than SA/Eng/SA on the recent tours while also completely outperforming any other attack by a huge margin in India.

I'd still have australia marginally better though because they have a spinner who can consistently do a job in any conditions.
Fair summary I think.

This series shows Lyon is still a better bowler than Maharaj unlike some have been saying. Not taking a shot at Maharaj here, he's a solid operator who definitely should be persisted with regardless of this series, but he still has work to do when it comes to bowling to batsman very well accustomed to his methods of bowling