• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test match attendances

chicane

State Captain
V Reddy said:
A correction on Pepsi 300ml. It actually costs Rs 7.

An example, my 24 hrs unlimited Cable Internet without any bandwidth restrictions charges Rs.1000 per month. Many can't afford it and the last govt made proposals to reduce it by half to create a boom in Internet market like what happened with mobile market in India. Don't think the new Indian govt will do that(Ok, i won't deviate from the topic). So it is worth a lot in India terms
I'm also paying exactly 1000 for 24 hrs unlimited cable. But the speeds are pathetic. 2-3 kbps day-time and 7-8 kbps night-time. And lots of downtime. I'm gonna switch to DIAS DSL I can't take this anymore.

Sudeep

International Captain
What's more annoying is that these days authorities, in order to prevent the crowd from throwing anything on the field, use nets to block off, but also effectively ruining the vision.

Indian crowds have been guilty of bad behaviour, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

V Reddy

International Debutant
chicane said:
I'm also paying exactly 1000 for 24 hrs unlimited cable. But the speeds are pathetic. 2-3 kbps day-time and 7-8 kbps night-time. And lots of downtime. I'm gonna switch to DIAS DSL I can't take this anymore.
Well my slowest till now has been

35 kilobits per second
Communications 35 kilobits per second
Storage 4.3 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 4 minutes
Subjective rating Slow

It is usually around 8-12 kbps storage speed. Downtime used to be a big problem for me too till 6 months back but now the service has improved enourmously and hardly any downtime. They also started an offer for which you have to pay Rs 9,000 once for the complete year (Rs 3,000 discount) and the speed will be double of what is being given now

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
What's more annoying is that these days authorities, in order to prevent the crowd from throwing anything on the field, use nets to block off, but also effectively ruining the vision.

Indian crowds have been guilty of bad behaviour, but this is absolutely ridiculous.
It doesn't ruin the vision all that much, and is still much better than watching the cricket field turn into a landfill. It's a very good move, first implemented in Bangalore, the best stadium in India.

chicane

State Captain
V Reddy said:
Well my slowest till now has been

35 kilobits per second
Communications 35 kilobits per second
Storage 4.3 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 4 minutes
Subjective rating Slow

It is usually around 8-12 kbps storage speed. Downtime used to be a big problem for me too till 6 months back but now the service has improved enourmously and hardly any downtime. They also started an offer for which you have to pay Rs 9,000 once for the complete year (Rs 3,000 discount) and the speed will be double of what is being given now
That's pretty decent. And the 9k offer, even if the speeds really don't double it's a good offer. Living in Cyberabad has it's advantages :)

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
It doesn't ruin the vision all that much, and is still much better than watching the cricket field turn into a landfill. It's a very good move, first implemented in Bangalore, the best stadium in India.
Only if you're seat is at the back. If you've got the front seat, which in normal circumstances is the best to have, the net becomes too annoying, so as to ruin the vision.

EDIT: P.S. We seriously don't seem to agree at anything.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Sudeep Popat said:
Only if you're seat is at the back. If you've got the front seat, which in normal circumstances is the best to have, the net becomes too annoying, so as to ruin the vision.

Agree but that seems to be the only possible solution. Anyway, they only really bring it down when there is trouble i think.

On best cricket stadium, the new Hyderabad Cricket stadium which is being built is said to be modelled around MCG with Brisbane type drainage facilities, innovative method of preventing crowd trouble, second largest seating capacity after Kolkata in India, complete numbered seating(no more sitting on steps type thing) and bounciest pitch in India. I know much of it will be hype but i really hope it isn't :)

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:

Yeah but there are idiots in the front row who will ruin the ongoing match. The poor vision is the price all the front row spectators have to pay because of their stupidity, so as to not compromise the intrests of the players, the rest of the spectators and the huge no. of TV viewers.

biased indian

International Coach
chicane said:
i have to disagree on the stadium thing it will be eden gardens or Mohali for me!!
and in mohali they have no fences, so it will also work in india

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
Yeah but there are idiots in the front row who will ruin the ongoing match. The poor vision is the price all the front row spectators have to pay because of their stupidity, so as to not compromise the intrests of the players, the rest of the spectators and the huge no. of TV viewers.
Yes, it could be the only option.

But, what I meant was that, that's one of the reasons why I hate going to see cricket live, at least here in Baroda. We have a beautiful ground, but the facilities for the specatators are absolutely ridiculous.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
Yes, it could be the only option.

But, what I meant was that, that's one of the reasons why I hate going to see cricket live, at least here in Baroda. We have a beautiful ground, but the facilities for the specatators are absolutely ridiculous.
I've watched all my games in Mumbai from the higher areas and have enjoyed all of it, though the concrete seating is uncomfortable. In fact most of the time I've been right next to the commentary box.

Sehwag309

Banned
chicane said:
I've watched all my games in Mumbai from the higher areas and have enjoyed all of it, though the concrete seating is uncomfortable. In fact most of the time I've been right next to the commentary box.
Were u there for Ind/Ban way back in 98...even that match was sold out

chicane

State Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Were u there for Ind/Ban way back in 98...even that match was sold out
You mean the one where Bangladesh made 115 odd and India had to struggle a little to get home? Yeah I was there, right next to the commentary box. The last game I saw was the England-India final ODI in March 2002.

Craig

World Traveller
V Reddy said:
Australian or US dollars? Rs 25 equates to about 1 Aus dollar and so it means $20 as well if you go by Aus means.
Australian dollar's.

I quite like the English crowd's at Test's who dress up, and wearing some unusual costumes (I think some even cross-dress :blink: ), and I like character's like The Pink Panther at every England game (must be pretty hot wearing that, but fun).