Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

Looks like Adithya Ashok will understandably be a bit of a spare part vs. Bangladesh U19 on very early season New Zealand pitches, but it's not because of the erratic pitch maps you'd associate with a 16-year-old wrist spinner. I think Wiseman was probably right about him growing up to be pretty deft and astute batsman as well, even though his dismissal today was pretty poor.

Last edited by Kippax; 28-09-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    Don't squander the gold of your days making a shrine of cricket videos, trying to improve the hopeless failure, giving your life away to the Blockys, the Devciches and the Weerasundaras! Surrender your devout little cricketing heart to the inured agribusinessman.

NEW ZEALAND RAIN RADAR . AUSTRALIAN RAIN RADAR . U.K. RAIN RADAR

One delivery each from nine of the bowlers employed by NZ U19 -

Nelson's Thomas Zohrab the first Kiwi batsman to offer a substantive score in the series with 112 today. An article from two years ago on the Zohrab twins -
    Brothers leading College cricket attack | Nelson Weekly

Video scorecard -
    https://scoring.nzc.nz/livescoring/m...scorecard.aspx
    Last edited by Kippax; 03-10-2019 at 01:56 AM.
    straw man likes this.

Mmm yeah Ashok doesn't look to put much on the ball, hits some nice shots though.

Interested to see the seam bowlers - they look pretty raw, will be an interesting comparison between these clips and a repeat in 3 or 4 years time.

Lellman (the Hutt Hawks' Tauranga recruit) in the runs twice in a row.

Some very vocal encouragement being drummed up for a NZ U19 match. Must've been a 'hey we're down 0-3, we have to start being their equal in every department' sort of idea.
    Last edited by Kippax; 09-10-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Lellman reported that he got a lot of experience with spin and skiddy pace bowlers on that Hutt Hawks tour. He certainly looks assured coming down the wicket to the spinners.

Facing Indian spinners in their own unique conditions was a huge learning curve, Fergus says.

“They bowled a lot quicker and flatter through the air, but it still spun. Their control was harder to deal with and you got a lot less bad balls.

“Our spinners had to adapt quickly because if they floated it up they got smoked. Their pace bowlers seemed to have this uncanny ability to get one to skid and then the next ball to pop and there was a lot of variable bounce.”
    Kippax likes this.

Another half century for Lellman today. So good having the video scorecard for these under 19 games.

Almost loath to post a lot of Lellman, in case Cribbage drops by, squirrels away the knowledge and then crashes the price on all my planned U19 World Cup bets in January.

The way he gives it the absolute kitchen sink with the hands and arms probably isn't going to work as well in South Africa in January btw, bookmaker scouts. He'll be a slower surfaces man. Pomare is the one with the glorious pull shots.
    Last edited by Kippax; 13-10-2019 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Pomare is the one with the glorious pull shots.
    _Ed_ likes this.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Odds on the first round being a washout?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Almost loath to post a lot of Lellman, in case Cribbage drops by, squirrels away the knowledge and then crashes the price on all my planned U19 World Cup bets in January.

The way he gives it the absolute kitchen sink with the hands and arms probably isn't going to work as well in South Africa in January btw, bookmaker scouts. He'll be a slower surfaces man. Pomare is the one with the glorious pull shots.
    That backlift is hard to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

U19 Vice-Captain
    I agree Lellman may not look all that flash but the lad knows how to get runs. Jesse Tashkoff is fairly impressive all rounder? His bowling is not bad and batting is equally good. Good find. I've heard them say Ollie White, David White's son is an aggressive and a very good batsman but hasn't scored much.

Where are faster bowlers? We didn't have much fast bowling stock in the last U19s and this time around either. We may have to go back to the kind of lineup we had in mid 2000s in a decade to come unless we find some decent fast bowlers. I remember in the mid or late 2000s in one dayers we had bowling line up of Iain O'Brien, Ewen Thompson opening the bowling and Jacob Oram as first change against India. Sehwag smashed them all from memory.We don't want to go to those dark days.

U19 Vice-Captain
    https://www.sporty.co.nz/cricketwell...o3Nvw1IyUtbA3U

Patel grabs an opportunity with England and unavailable for Plunkett shield first three rounds. I suppose that's likely the end of Jeetan and he's likely to move on after this season? Wondering who his replacement going to be? I can't remember anyone from the club ranks that can likely fill his boots.

Is Jacob Bhula going to be a starter this season with Luke Woodcock retiring? Rachin Ravindra and Jacob Bhula as openers like in the U19s.

I think they should use Rachin in the middle order and let him bowl heaps. It's going to be very tough to bat at the top and also bowl heaps.

Iain O'Brien was actually pretty sharp, and was one of those guys who got quicker and quicker as his career went on. Probably a bit quicker than Boult by the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Iain O'Brien was actually pretty sharp, and was one of those guys who got quicker and quicker as his career went on. Probably a bit quicker than Boult by the end.
    Definitely a reasonable test bowler and predominantly bowled into the wind.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Iain O'Brien into the wind was the ****ing best
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information