• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably should have had more opportunities for the Cobras, but he was about 5th in line behind Vern/Kleinveldt/Hendricks/Paterson though. Think injuries didn't exactly help

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A classic Boult late-day salvage job underway now. Lovely Trenty doing an excellent job of exposing Nicholls established frailties by beating the inside edge of his bat by a couple of inches.

Flem274*

123/5
Damn Nicholls has become good. Coming in against the Soult with the new ball, seeing them off, grinding down Wagner and finally capitalising late in the day. You'd have to imagine he'll move up to 4 once Taylor hangs up his bat.
would keep him at #5. he's a perfect little factory worker for manipulating spinners there and less exposed to a new ball swinging into him. young is a natural #4 or even #3 so kane-young-nicholls would work well imo.

Blain

U19 Captain
I doubt many would have picked McConchie to score the first century of the season, especially against this ND attack. Well played.
Yeah I bagged him, I'll wear that. Good to see him starting to get runs, someone needs to when Nicholls and Latham go (I'm a Cantab man).

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Interesting day today in the PS. Now I know why TAB had Cantabs as favourites. They have plenty of batting and bowling isn't all that bad. Pretty sizeable score that for a first day of domestic cricket. Looking forward to Taylor and Kane batting tomorrow. I'd like to think 100 coming up for both. Firebirds looks like bowled really well. Barring one of two dismissals most were priced out by the looks of it. Interesting Guptill batted all day for 60 odd and Phillips with a new Steve Smith look smashing it.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Yeah I bagged him, I'll wear that. Good to see him starting to get runs, someone needs to when Nicholls and Latham go (I'm a Cantab man).
I probably agreed with your assessment! McConchie did play a handy innings against India A last season, but aside from that I didn't know much about him. Canterbury engine room really frustrating ND.

Disapointing end to Ravindra's excellent innings, out stumped to Foxcroft. Thought he might be bringing up his maiden ton today.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Nuttall clean up Flynn.

Auckland should be fuming at folding for 210 after the platform from Guptill and Phillips, with a pretty stacked looking 4-9 to follow. Ludick's part-timers are handy yes, but three wickets to that, a soft one to Ajaz and even the wickets to Tickner were soft too.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The epitome of peaking early analysis-wise, but Seifert's first two boundaries off Henry were picture perfect. I don't remember him being able to hit down the ground that fluently and technically correct.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Duffman obviously read that cricinfo article from a couple of months back about the effectiveness of tall right handers coming around the wicket to lefties.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Nick Kelly with a great bowling spell ... two balls, first went for four, second for six, both massively over waist height so removed from the attack. 0 overs, 0 balls for 12 runs. :laugh:

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
The epitome of peaking early analysis-wise, but Seifert's first two boundaries off Henry were picture perfect. I don't remember him being able to hit down the ground that fluently and technically correct.
Surely this is the summer where he gets a decent run in the New Zealand team, 20/20 and ODI.

There was a discussion earlier about the next batsman after Will Young, I’d be willing to bet he’s our man. He’s opened and batted at three more then enough during his first class career as well.

jcas0167

International Debutant
What a way to go on 96 ...
Yes, was thinking Conway shouldering arms on 96 might be a contender for the funny moments reel. Nice to see Duffy pick up 7 wickets - looks to be bowling with good pace.

ND struggling, what happened to Brownlie?

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BD Schmulian is very protective of their PII. Their Cricinfo profile is still pure poverty, don't even know if he is left or right-handed, and on Cricbuzz he is referred to simply as Schmulian.

Flem274*

123/5
howsie is bang on, seifert has shown quality for a couple of years now. he should drop the gloves because he sucks at keeping and just bat.