• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Sounds like the classic case of getting injured then returning without quite the same 'x' factor as they had pre-injury.

He looks like he's become homeless in the meantime too

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Totally forgot there was ford trophy round 2 yesterday.

Hits: Lockie bagging a 5 wicket haul, Conway as usual scoring runs every time he walks into the middle, K Clarke showing he's capable at this level, Ravindra smashing a 50 off 36 balls at the top of the inning for firebirds, J Boyle a very good 100 against a good CD attack, N Kelly carrying on his good form, T Astle smashing a quick near 50 and Neesham steady in the middle order chipping in with 40. Sodhi, Ejaz and Somerville all decent but nothing extra ordinary.

Misses: Murno and Guptill not able to kick on for a big one. Munro's dismissal is very village but that's the way he bats.

P.S: Starting to like the look of one Jamie Gibson for Firebirds. This man had ups and downs but now back performing consistently for Firebirds both in red and white ball. Made his way through club cricket was contracted three or four years ago, barely played and back into the wilderness of club cricket. In that time, I hear the lad went through some tough times and even stopped playing. More known for aggressive batting in the lower middle order but also chips in with the ball a bit.

Disappointing to see Ben Sears not featuring for Firebirds, sure he didn't go all that well against Aces but Firebirds should give him a go. He's going to be expensive but he's got that x-factor and likely a match winner. I'm thinking someone like him will be at his peak come next world cup. Not going to help his confidence if he's in and out of the team.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Might be a case of just not being good enough?

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/cricket/broom-back-soper-injured-rae

Seems like he's been plucked from grade cricket, which he has been playing. This is where Voltman's expertise would come in handy.

I might be mixing him up with someone else but wasn't he rated as having some wheels on him?
Unfortunately, I haven't lived in Dunedin for 3 years, so I'm about as useful as boobs on a bull on this topic.

He was quite wild (not just in appearance) a few years ago - I think he got removed from the crease in a Volts game for two over-waist full tosses?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Unfortunately, I haven't lived in Dunedin for 3 years, so I'm about as useful as boobs on a bull on this topic.

He was quite wild (not just in appearance) a few years ago - I think he got removed from the crease in a Volts game for two over-waist full tosses?
my information (as always) as outdated as my recollection of what your username was

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Poor old Otago. Imagine having to wear yellow trousers! The shame!

Anyone who can rise above that and still play like an alpha, is destined for greatness.

ataraxia

International Coach
Sorry they are three of my favourite players and I'm a Wellingtonian too. I'll go a Neesham half-century instead then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Watching Rachin's boundaries, he looks so good. Thrashed Jamieson for several, hit three nice shots off Ferguson, plus lots of bashing part-timers.