• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2019/20

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Boult getting a bit of a spanking. Wonder if he's bowling within himself.

Good to see Bruce back and getting 50

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
After keeping the Sri Lankan spinners at bay for nearly 7 hours on a turning surface, Latham looks like he's thoroughly enjoying the chance to fill his boots against Bracewell and Nofal on a Basin seamy road.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Despite the obvious answer of it being Dunedin, what's happening with the Otago Auckland game? The NZC scorecard has had it as 'ground delay' for almost the entirety of the last 2 days which would usually imply wet outfield rather than rain. Poor drainage or is it just wrong?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Boult getting a bit of a spanking. Wonder if he's bowling within himself.

Good to see Bruce back and getting 50
Yeah, it looks like Boult was on the receiving end of all but two of Bruce's boundaries, including being hooked for two sixes. I think Bruce has some form at Bay Oval in T20 for NZ as well.

Despite the obvious answer of it being Dunedin, what's happening with the Otago Auckland game? The NZC scorecard has had it as 'ground delay' for almost the entirety of the last 2 days which would usually imply wet outfield rather than rain. Poor drainage or is it just wrong?
Damp outfield yesterday and rain. It sounds like they were nervous about this game because it was the first ever scheduled in Dunedin in October.

Looking up that story, I see there is an article on Nick Kelly in the ODT:

''I'd been there four years and I had sort of solidified my spot in the one-day team.

''But sometimes you'd be in good form but you would miss out due to the Black Caps coming back.

''That's fine. It is awesome to train with them but I'm 26 now and I'd got to the point where I just wanted to play as much as I can.''

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Willem Ludick channelling that Wagnerian fury with his first wicket today.

Canterbury now past the follow-on as Tom makes it a double.

Last edited:

Meridio

International Regular
That Basin pitch looks like the classic from the last few years - very green first morning, three early wickets, then by the first afternoon it's a roady mcroad.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Damnit Tom, a triple was there for the taking.
Case of everyone getting a bit bored. Younghusband dishing up a full toss, Latham trying to practice his reverse paddle rather than just slamming it behind square, and the umpire not being too fussy about the fact that it hit him a good 2 inches outside the line of off.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Aaaaaaaand Conway's back. Picked up right were he left off by splattering Nuttall to all corners of the Basin.

Heh, Seth Rance must've had a bit of fun bouncing Wagner out.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has to be somewhere close to an individual record for runs scored in an FC match in NZ.