• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravi Bopara vs Sachin Tendulkar

Jack1

International Debutant
Is Bopara the epitome and proof that a poor man's Sachin Tendulkar exists? Does anyone else bat like Sachin even a tiny bit?

Any other comparison's welcome like Smith being a poor man's Bradman. Poor man's is not to be taken literally, rather as a harmless phrase. It's an idiom not literal.

Warner is a poor man's Shane Warne with the ball.

Maybe there are some others that haven't crossed my mind yet.

Darren Bravo is a poor man's Brian Lara.

Nothing else springs to mind yet.

slippy888

International Captain
I don't really care about anyone getting banned but I get banned for a Ravi Bopara possible return to England team unreal.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I've never heard an "Ohhhhhhhhhh Sachin Tendulksr" chant coming out of a County Championship-winning dressing room, so I'm going to go with Bopara here.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Bopara averaged 290 with the ball in tests. After PFK era adjustments, it will be like 500 in 2019.

Jack1

International Debutant
Think Rahmat Shah resembles Ian Bell a bit. Similar level players, so neither is inferior to the other. That Asghar pic brought that to my mind. At least I think that's Asghar and not Sachin, lol.