• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many books have you read?

How many books have you read?

• Total voters

Chrish

International Debutant
I just started reading Bodyline Autopsy. This is the first Cricket book that I will read. So, I was just wondering how many books have you guys read?

Also, who are your favorite authors?

andmark

International Captain
Hold on, I assume this is purely cricket books (sorry if it's a stupid question, I ask much too many)? The 1-10 region roughly fits me. Probably explains my usual absence from CC.

Lancashire Nick

Cricket Spectator
I'm now 56, I've been reading books (of various types) for most of that. Even if we restrict it to just cricket, I can remember reading a book on the game at the age of 6. So with 50 years of reading to consider, I couldn't even start to put an accurate number on it.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
But yeah for me we'd be talking hundreds at this point. At last count I have about 200 cricket books sitting on the shelves at home.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't even know there was 100 cricket books

I have a faint memory of enjoying Warrick Todd as a child

cpr

International Coach
Probably just Athers autobiography and an old history of Lancs CCC I got from the library as a kid.

Beyond the stats side of things (I'd get lost in old scorecards in a Wisden), I tend not to read sports books unless it's someone I find really interesting. Probably read about 10 across all sports

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh I’m 11-30. Thought this was Offtopic and I was about to chastise the ridiculously low numbers in the poll.

Daemon

Haven't read a single cricket book before.

What happened to Seams on Apples or whatever it was? I'm guessing at least a few hundred thousand copies were sold.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Athers biography
Steve Waughs biography
Several Bradman books
And Cricket Crisis by Fingleton

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I would have read well over 100. I find a well written bio about a player from an earlier era one of the more relaxing things.

Some of my faves have been:

Harold Larwood by Duncan Hamilton

Mystery Spinner (Jack Iverson) by Gideon Haigh

Bradman by Charles Williams (the best book on Bradman, by a mile)

David Frith has a book out soon on Archie Jackson, which will be good.

SillyCowCorner1

I would have read well over 100. I find a well written bio about a player from an earlier era one of the more relaxing things.

Some of my faves have been:

Harold Larwood by Duncan Hamilton

Mystery Spinner (Jack Iverson) by Gideon Haigh

Bradman by Charles Williams (the best book on Bradman, by a mile)

David Frith has a book out soon on Archie Jackson, which will be good.
Some literature to ponder on. Good list.

andmark

International Captain
"The Art of Wrist Spin" by Peter Philpott is a classic. Almost compulsory reading to understand spin bowling properly.

Teja.

Global Moderator
An old boss at work who was a partner in my law firm would, in his misguided sense of being fashionable and working class, boast about never reading a book in his life apart from bare acts.

Was a **** tstl.