• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It was fun while it lasted RIP

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is just a way for him to avoid home tests </s>

Just so long as he's fit when Australia tour next year. Smith vs Bumrah - yes please.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
This is just a way for him to avoid home tests </s>

Just so long as he's fit when Australia tour next year. Smith vs Bumrah - yes please.
Will be gutted if this does not happen next year. It would have been a battle of ages if it was to happen last season.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Hard luck to him. I wonder how much you could alter his action too. As others have said, a longer run-up may help, and depending on what exactly the cause is, it would be better than altering his action.

But when I look at the thread title, the 'RIP' seems just a bit odd.

Jack1

International Debutant
Sad. I was hoping he was bowling within himself. I guess all quick bowlers aren't and I should stop kidding myself that it comes naturally to anyone because it doesn't.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be gutted if this does not happen next year. It would have been a battle of ages if it was to happen last season.
Poor bugger may have ended up with a stress fracture a bit sooner if it had.

I hope he doesn't' need to tweak his action too much. The variations in bowling actions is one of the more interesting things about watching cricket imho, and when I first saw him I genuinely wondered how he bowled as quick as he did with that action. I hope he's back soon. Bloke's a champion.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
India has always been a batting country and all cricket followers always looked up to the batsmen. Bumrah is one of the few who made the fans realize that watching Indian pace bowlers is awesome too. I hope he comes back strongly, like Smith.

Jack1

International Debutant
Perhaps the run up is causing this? Too much explosiveness going on. Needs to lengthen the run up and build a little more momentum and create more space in the action if that's possible whilst still maintaining the same pace and bite .. it may not be in which case he will stay injury prone from now onwards. Sort of what I'm getting to is that I hope Bumrah isn't going to go down the path of players like Mark Wood and hopefully we haven't seen the best of Bumrah now as a bowler.

SillyCowCorner1

India has always been a batting country and all cricket followers always looked up to the batsmen. Bumrah is one of the few who made the fans realize that watching Indian pace bowlers is awesome too. I hope he comes back strongly, like Smith.
Well written.

Back in 2007, Sreesanth brought great enthusiasm with him to the cricket world. Him knocking out Hayden's stump in the inaugural T20 wc still vivid on my mind.

Daemon

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27703902/stress-fracture-back-why-does-happen

Does the bowling action of someone like Bumrah contribute to this kind of injury?

His action is certainly unique. As far as I know, this is the first occurrence of this type of injury with Bumrah. But he has bowled for many years now without suffering a stress fracture, so it is less likely to be technique related and more a function of his training and bowling workload. - Andrew Leipus, former physiotherapist with the India team as well as Kolkata Knight Riders in the IPL