• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Hamilton Masakadza Tributes thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now that his international career is winding to a close, is there anyone who personifies the lost potential of the decline and fall of Zimbabwean cricket more than Hamilton Masakadza. Plucked out of high school a bright young prodigy, set a record for yongest test centurion in a Zimbabwe team that was on the verge of establishing itself as a cricketing power, then it fell apart for Zimbabwe. Masakadza together with the likes of Vusi Sibanda, Elton Chigumbura, Brendan Taylor and Tatenda Taibu, ended up being the generation of players on the field as Cricket in Zimbabwe was strangled by the politics and economic mismanagement that have since become a byword for today's Zimbabwe. Personally I am surprised he kept on going for so long. Who knows, maybe in a parrallel universe there is Hamilton Masakadza who got to play for a stabel and strong Zimbawe, averging 45 with the bat and 30 with his crafty medium pace, we on the other hand will alsway be lft wondering what could have been.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remembered his debit against us. And that ton. So many years ago. Was listening to coverage on the radio at 6 in the morning as I was getting ready for school