• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith v Kohli (test match batting)

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
was probably injured
Only one innings in that series came after he injured his shoulder. Those hilarious leaves were prior to that.

Kohli 2014 England and 2017 v Australia are up there with Ponting in India as the worst series I've seen from any great batsman. I don't think it's unfair to hold that against him when comparing him with the other elite batsmen.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Since it is so fashionable to accuse Indian fan base of being biased without any proof , I am giving you an example of Anglo- Australian biasedness of certain cricket commentator with proof .

When Richie Benaud selected his ATXI , not even 1 WI pace bowler made his initial short list of fast bowlers ? Can there be more biasedness than this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Benaud's_Greatest_XI

Then we also know that in Bradman's alleged ATXI there were 7 Australians . And these guys accuse other countries of overhyping their cricketers .
you know you don't have to try and turn everything into an anti-Australian waaaah

it wasn't even an Australian calling Indian fans biased it was a kiwi

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Question is why the Kiwi was calling Indians biased rather than Aussies. We need to resolve this.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Since it is so fashionable to accuse Indian fan base of being biased without any proof , I am giving you an example of Anglo- Australian biasedness of certain cricket commentator with proof .

When Richie Benaud selected his ATXI , not even 1 WI pace bowler made his initial short list of fast bowlers ? Can there be more biasedness than this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Benaud's_Greatest_XI

Then we also know that in Bradman's alleged ATXI there were 7 Australians . And these guys accuse other countries of overhyping their cricketers .
Why is that anytime someone dares to say Smith is better than Kholi you always jump in with:

But [insert random Aussie Great] was worse than [insert random India player] and Aussies are all biased idiots....waahhhh!

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor thread. This is almost getting slippy. Kane vs Kohli would be a much more interesting discussion right now. Smith is clearly a rung above everyone else right now.

Flem274*

123/5
Question is why the Kiwi was calling Indians biased rather than Aussies. We need to resolve this.
it's part of the western anti-subcontinental conspiracy. noted promoter of racial harmony and deputy prime minister winston peters is slowly h4xing all our online accounts.

vcs

Some of these former cricketers are dumb in the way they tippy-tappy around questions like this in an attempt to "please" the Indian audience. The Indian audience doesn't need to be patronized FFS.

Recently, I was having a look at the comment section of a Times of India article about Smith and while I was expecting to find every other comment in that cesspit saying "sandpaper cheat", most of them were actually quite gracious acknowledging Smith as the best Test batsman going around right now.

ma1978

International 12th Man
Again, lots of emotion here. Very few numbers.

The one number that's not in doubt is that Smith averages 12 points ahead of Kohli.

My only point is that that when the numbers are standardized for pitch conditions, quality of opposition, they will be a lot closer. Last I checked, it wasn't statistically different. Although I think the Ashes may have changed that.

But you can't just look at the averages and make a call. Ken Barrington had an average 10 points higher than Neil Harvey, does anyone really think he was better. One example.

TheJediBrah

Some of these former cricketers are dumb in the way they tippy-tappy around questions like this in an attempt to "please" the Indian audience. The Indian audience doesn't need to be patronized FFS.

Recently, I was having a look at the comment section of a Times of India article about Smith and while I was expecting to find every other comment in that cesspit saying "sandpaper cheat", most of them were actually quite gracious acknowledging Smith as the best Test batsman going around right now.
I know it's not fair on you sensible cricket fans but I don't think it's "dumb" of them to do that. I can understand it completely. There are definitely a lot more overzealous cricket fans in India than the rest of the world. They may still be wrong to do so, but I can see why they do it. This is the country with fans that have burned effigies and make death threats.

My only point is that that when the numbers are standardized for pitch conditions, quality of opposition, they will be a lot closer
Problem is I don't think that's actually true, or as easier to calculate as you think

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Will Siddle's level have dropped off after the current series? If so he might only be 40 places ahead of Lillee instead of 60.