• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's true to an extent, but it's also a competition and while it remains that way, you cant' really blame sides for wanting to have a crack at winning games can you?
That's probably fair. I might be being too harsh on Tasmania but that declaration was so obviously contrived that if there had have been a result it would have really meant nothing.

It is more a criticism of the shield points system creative perverse incentives than anything else. Looking at it more from Tasmania's point of view I can see how the shot at 6 points is a much greater incentive than a guaranteed 1 point. Losing 1 point can be made up by batting faster in a couple of games down the line. Gaining 6 points is much harder and any side not doing so against SA is gong to find it hard to make the final.

stephen

This could be an interesting chase in the Vic vs Qld match. It likely won't because MCG, but we can hope.

stephen

I would have thought Gannon would open the bowling.

Is it coincidence that he's named the same as the Zelda bad guy?

mr_mister

Patto I think one wicket short of knocking the door down for the test side. Useful 4fer though. Wickets at crucial times

mr_mister

A 2fer, 4fer and a 40 imo should put Patto well in contention to start but it seems due to the hype pre ashes anything less than constant 5fers signals him being overrated and unworthy

It's dumb

stephen

I hope Eamonn Vines posts his opinion on that dismissal later today.
That was unlucky. The angle it hit him made it look like it came off the gloves in real time. I can see why the umpire gave it despite it being clearly not out on replay.

stephen

Handscomb was a bit unlucky but I don't know why he didn't leave that ball. Obviously they're trying to bat time given their strike rates.

Gnske

That was unlucky. The angle it hit him made it look like it came off the gloves in real time. I can see why the umpire gave it despite it being clearly not out on replay.
Slowed down it looked like it snips the glove, watch it enough times at full speed and it just looks all forearm.

Bad chakras all round.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The umpiring has been pretty terrible in general today. What is up with John Ward especially? One of the longest serving CA umpires but also one of the most error prone.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thats true. But Swepson bowling skidders at the stumps do look out often when it hits the pad. Difficult for the bowlers. 7/92 off almost 44 overs, is an excellent match haul. About time spinners did something this comp.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Victoria are wonderfully inept this year. So good they’ve returned to their mea after an outlier period of being okish.