• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alyssa Healy's cousin Tom Healy, who keeps and opens the batting with Joe Burns made 72 on Saturday. Checking his record he's made 750 runs @ 35ish the last 2 seasons.

Any chance on him getting a Qld gig this year (not sure who reserve keeper is)? It would be great seeing Healy and McDermott playing for Qld again :)
No idea, but averaging 35 in club cricket doesn't exactly demand selection unless he's an incredible keeper. The name can't hurt though.

Green is over playing in the CPL right now, he's going alright too. Seems they have finally moved on from SOK in 50 over cricket
NSW don't even have a spinner in the squad then? Assuming Lyon will come in at some stage. Surely Nair can't bowl.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't rate him at all myself. Bowled the sort of gentle meds that really belong in div 2 county cricket.
He was always solid without being great. Top bloke who got better with age. It was always telling that he didn't get a first grade 5fer until after he'd been in the Queensland side for a few years.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He was always solid without being great. Top bloke who got better with age. It was always telling that he didn't get a first grade 5fer until after he'd been in the Queensland side for a few years.
Different people see different things, I watched a fair bit of Feldman over the last two seasons and thought he looked barely FC standard, couldn't fathom how he kept taking poles

NSW don't even have a spinner in the squad then? Assuming Lyon will come in at some stage. Surely Nair can't bowl.
That sort of thing hasn't exactly stopped NSW before. Aaron Bird, anyone?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Different people see different things myself, I watched a fair bit of Feldman over the last two seasons and thought he looked barely FC standard, couldn't fathom how he kept taking poles
Maybe a Qld selector was trying to get out of a speeding ticket and it just snowballed

stephen

He did a bit more with the ball than most people realised. He was accurate as well.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Burgey would be so proud :)

"A series of intra-squad trial games in recent days has seen some strong performances: rising star Nick Bertus hit successive fifties..."

Starfighter

I can't wait to not watch the one day cup because it's being broadcast on fox rather than being streamed for free.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought the games Fox didn't have are still being streamed? Not sure.

If not somebody needs to be taken to a dark room and beaten

aussie tragic

International Captain
Qld squad for first 2 one day games

Jimmy Peirson (c), Xavier Bartlett Joe Burns, Max Bryant, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Matt Renshaw, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Jack Wildermuth

aussie tragic

International Captain
Neser also there. I'm guessing because Khawaja only one if the 3 that played the WC as well so needs more of a break.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Victoria looking pretty strong here with Finch, Maxwell, Maddinson, Handscomb, Pucovski, Sutherland, Boland, Tremain and Holland.

They should have been made to play Siddle to give other sides a better chance.