• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Remember Zampa winning a game off his own blade at North Sydney a few years back, but absolutely I agree Mennie probably should have been at 8
Yeah Zampa is a disappointment. He has shown a gradual decline with the bat, with the red ball and with his haircut.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He's on the way out, babeh. Bert's on the way up.
I was going to ask you who he reminds you of? I was going to say a more round version of Katich appearance wise and with the bat for some reason im thinking Phil Emery.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I tend to think he was never much chop with the red ball in the first place really. Otherwise spot on
Haha same really. It just fit the rest of the sentence better.

I expected both his batting and bowling to improve and the batting has weakened so he is just a pretty meh cricketer. I dont want him playing an ODI ever again.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The Queenslanders really don't need to do anything too extravagant here. Just knock it around and keep the scoreboard ticking, all that's really required.

Like Tasmania should have done yesterday

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was going to ask you who he reminds you of? I was going to say a more round version of Katich appearance wise and with the bat for some reason im thinking Phil Emery.
He's got Phil Emery's face, maybe that's why

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Valente was born 20 years too late. Would have been the perfect Mercantile Mutual Cup allrounder of the Ian Harvey mould

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
You could also say the opposite. Ian Harvey was born too early, would have been the perfect franchise T20 merchant.
The freak was obviously better than Valente, but that I see where you are coming from. Backing him for a good BBL this year

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ian Harvey got 7 years of t20 cricket under his belt before he retired. Bit of a pioneer on the English scene in the formats early incarnation

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ian Harvey got 7 years of t20 cricket under his belt before he retired. Bit of a pioneer on the English scene in the formats early incarnation
Yeah mostly before it was big money though, and the tail end of his career too, probably past his best. I think he was one of those semi-retired blokes that went and played in the ICL (remember that lol)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Such a generous player comparison for Valente.

Id rather say he is the next Mick Miller or maybe Grant Lambert.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Lambert was fairly quick on his day though.

Honestly the Harvey v Valente thing wasn't a comparison on talent level, more on style of play. Freak Harvey was genuinely a limited overs beast

stephen

Good to see Queensland fly out to an early lead. Having said that, WA and Vic will be the biggest challenges.

social

Social Jnr has been picked in local team for state champs

Parents have been told to budget a grand for 5 days

Parents are extra

That’s a massive commitment for the average family