• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Faulkner and Bird treating the much vaunted Victorian batting lineup with disdain. And this is the same ground that gave us a side scoring nearly 400 two days ago. Does this pitch have a significant amount of grass on it?

mr_mister

commentator about to compliment Maxi, decided to wait til the bowler just got through his next ball. maxi ends up getting dropped so the compliment can probably be forgotten about lol

Starfighter

Faulkner and Bird treating the much vaunted Victorian batting lineup with disdain. And this is the same ground that gave us a side scoring nearly 400 two days ago. Does this pitch have a significant amount of grass on it?
Looks a bit grassier and quicker than the last match but not much movement, the damage has been through swing.

stephen

I just watched Harris' dismissal. Utterly woeful. He's supposed to be a test opener and he gets out like that. Yikes.

Handscomb too should not have been moving across his stumps like that. Poor technique and woeful match awareness.

Starfighter

Was that a second drop? Couldn't quite tell on the replays.

Maddinson's defensive technique still looks poor.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Bird has been excellent by just bowling his typical Shield line and length. I would probably strongly consider bowling him out here

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pucovski isn't, though it's obviously a matter of when rather than if for him.

Crap display though. Time for Maxy to step up.
It's been time for this for about 5 years though. What genuine odds are there on him putting together a string of consistent big scores in any format? He's been between mediocre and woeful for ages. I'd love nothing more than for him to come good, but I just can't see it happening. He owes plenty - his WC was lamentable.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Definitely think Maxwells days are numbered in the ODI arena. Only saving grace is his experience in India, the next World Cup host of course.

T20I, no question he remains.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what a waste of an top 6 full of ex test players
Yeah they're ex test players for a reason

It's been time for this for about 5 years though. What genuine odds are there on him putting together a string of consistent big scores in any format? He's been between mediocre and woeful for ages. I'd love nothing more than for him to come good, but I just can't see it happening. He owes plenty - his WC was lamentable.
He's done. Hasn't improved an iota since his debut. We missed a few chances to pick him for Tests over the last couple of years which might have really done something for him, and us, but at this stage his only utility is as a T20 player. He's a waste of a spot in the ODI side.