• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2019/20

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
you're doing that thing where you get really triggered and it affects your comprehension. I was even pretending I liked Travis Head more than I actually do to try and avoid exactly that.

I didn't backtrack on anything
No you were just doing your usual thing of throwing opinions to the ether without really thinking them through.

It's just so damn lazy.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No you were just doing your usual thing of throwing opinions to the ether without really thinking them through.

It's just so damn lazy.
what part of anything I said didn't you understand or agree with? I thought it was pretty clear and well thought through tbh

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Classic Stephen Mangongo thinking - "My incumbents aren't quite good enough so I'll drop them even though they're comfortably in the five best Test bats in Zimbabwe. And I will replace them with people who are objectively worse in every way but at least haven't been doing not-quite-good-enough at Test level."

Eventually Stephen Mangongo admits defeat and begrudgingly recalls Brendan Taylor. Every time.

TheJediBrah

Classic Stephen Mangongo thinking - "My incumbents aren't quite good enough so I'll drop them even though they're comfortably in the five best Test bats in Zimbabwe. And I will replace them with people who are objectively worse in every way but at least haven't been doing not-quite-good-enough at Test level."

Eventually Stephen Mangongo admits defeat and begrudgingly recalls Brendan Taylor. Every time.
If you're referring to me then you also need to work on your comprehension. I didn't say or even imply that at all.

If you're not referring to me, carry on

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I mean, I guess it's tangentially related in the "Head and Wade aren't good enough but I'm not quite sure who is other than KPat" way, but mostly it was just about getting a Stephen Mangongo reference into AusDom

morgieb

I mean, I guess it's tangentially related in the "Head and Wade aren't good enough but I'm not quite sure who is other than KPat" way, but mostly it was just about getting a Stephen Mangongo reference into AusDom
It really is.

Face facts, until Green and Pucovski get more seasoning and stop getting injured Head is in the best six bats in Australia. Would be in the best six bats everywhere but India quite probably.

TheJediBrah

heh fair enough

I'll reiterate though, I specifically used the terms "long-term" and "medium-term" when expressing my distaste for Wade and Head in the Test side because there are not clearly superior replacements. I genuinely went out of my way to make it very clear specifically to avoid triggering GAS but clearly it didn't work.

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
It really is.

Face facts, until Green and Pucovski get more seasoning and stop getting injured Head is in the best six bats in Australia. Would be in the best six bats everywhere but India quite probably.
Absobloodylutely

Admittedly I do have some doubts on if Pucovski will ever be entirely ready, seriously hope I'm wrong though

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
heh fair enough

I'll reiterate though, I specifically used the terms "long-term" and "medium-term" when expressing my distaste for Wade and Head in the Test side because there are not clearly superior replacements. I genuinely went out of my way to make it very clear specifically to avoid triggering GAS but clearly it didn't work.
It's not the Head hate that bothers me, its the laziness of making bold claims and then not even trying to justify them. Seriously, cut that the hell out

TheJediBrah

It's not the Head hate that bothers me, its the laziness of making bold claims and then not even trying to justify them. Seriously, cut that the hell out
M8 you clearly still haven't bothered to understand what I said

that's lazy

I didn't say "drop Head and Wade right now they suck but, uh, I dunno who to replace them with lol". Which seems to be what you heard through whatever filter you put my posts through

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It really is.

Will (Will) Pucovski even survive long enough to get the chance? I'm surprised he hasn't been Te-maire Martin'd out of the game with his history.

Hope he makes it.

morgieb

Will (Will) Pucovski even survive long enough to get the chance? I'm surprised he hasn't been Te-maire Martin'd out of the game with his history.

Hope he makes it.
Yeah his injury problems are a lot more concerning than Green's. As things stand he's quite probably one concussion away from retirement. I actually thought he'd got over it, but his most recent one....

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
M8 you clearly still haven't bothered to understand what I said

that's lazy
There is nothing to understand as there was nothing of substance in the original post to begin with, it's just another in the long list of half baked TJB thoughts, no effort whatsoever to actually think things through

You are basically just Slippy with better grammar

TheJediBrah

There is nothing to understand as there was nothing of substance in the original post to begin with, it's just another in the long list of half baked TJB thoughts, no effort whatsoever to actually think things through

You are basically just Slippy with better grammar
dude you are so triggered

And don't pretend it's not because of Head. All I said was I don't rate either as Test players long-term and you overreacted massively

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
dude you are so triggered

And don't pretend it's not because of Head. All I said was I don't rate either as Test players long-term and you overreacted massively
Nope, I can recall us having pretty much exactly the same conversation/argument when you claimed Starc should be dropped pre Ashes*. It's got nothing to do with any specific cricketer and everything to do your propensity make big claims without any consideration or nuance

*As it turns out you almost got your wish there

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Is no one surprised Uzzie didn't get a contract?
Eh, not surprising given how the last year or so has gone. Seems like his cards have been marked somewhat.

Wouldn't have made that decision myself, mind. But not hugely surprised that CA went that way.

morgieb

Eh, not surprising given how the last year or so has gone. Seems like his cards have been marked somewhat.

Wouldn't have made that decision myself, mind. But not hugely surprised that CA went that way.
Yeah it's clear that Langer doesn't really rate him.

I'd still like to see him get a crack opening in Tests. But equally I don't think he can feel too hard done by in not being in the side and there's no real place for him in ODI's even though he's a good white ball batsman.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
If he absolutely tears up the Shield and the second opening spot continues to be not locked down by anybody it's possible. Probably unlikely though