• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best current International Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chicane said:
The professionalism and spirit of this team is alien to Indian cricket. One good(read great) series against Australia in their backyard says a helluva lot. And the series against Pakistan showed the spirit and toughness this team has. I feel we'll more than prove our worth outside Asia in the next few years.
And so will Bangladesh...

The point is that you can't say Whatmore can't take the credit until Tests are won when Wright can as India are in a near-identical situation with the spectre of the away series hanging over the,

Last edited:

chicane

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
And so will Bangladesh...

The point is that you can't say Whatmore can't take the credit until Tests are won when Wright can as India are in a near-identical situation with the spectre of the away series hanging over the,
No as I said earlier India's chances are way better than Bangladesh. But I believe Bangladesh under Whatmore are definitely headed for a test win, and more but not anytime soon. India almost won arguably the toughest challenge in cricket's history, and won a series in Pakistan, another huge achievement.

chicane

State Captain
Yes we were. Brisbane was even, Adelaide us, Melbourne them, and again in Sydney Aus (Except for the Steve Waugh thunder).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chicane said:
Yes we were. Brisbane was even, Adelaide us, Melbourne them, and again in Sydney Aus (Except for the Steve Waugh thunder).
Which would have Aus on top in 2 and India 1 then.

Afraid you weren't.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chicane said:
Sorry my bad. Sydney - India were dominant. Which makes it India 2 and Aus 1. :cool:
In which case Australia can claim Brisbane. Rain was the main reason that became a draw.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chicane said:
I will be 'to an extent'. Everyone is. You were about Harmison.

Since when has defending the selectors over the selection of a player been being "blindly patriotic" ?

chicane

State Captain
marc71178 said:
In which case Australia can claim Brisbane. Rain was the main reason that became a draw.
No. Zaheer also bowled very well inducing a collapse. They were like supposed to crush us then. And then Ganguly played a magnificent knock. Agreed it was a draw due to rain, but it was anybody's game.

chicane

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Since when has defending the selectors over the selection of a player been being "blindly patriotic" ?
No during the Harmo vs Tuffey and Pathan debate.

chicane

State Captain
marc71178 said:
In anycase even matching Australia at home is awesome and something currently England can only dream of.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chicane said:
Agreed it was a draw due to rain, but it was anybody's game.

Without rain on the first day, Aus would've been well over 400 for not many.

And you think that's an even game?

Status
Not open for further replies.