• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best current International Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudeep

International Captain
*** Sudeep gets the Pop Corn, and the Coke, sits back comfortably, and watches Neil and chicane argue. ***

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chicane said:
But you would rather bet on India winning an away series now than Bangladesh winning a test anytime soon.
Seeing as Bangladesh were one wicket away from it at Multan and were only prevented by an Inzamam masterclass, I'll take the Tigers.

Can't see you winning in SA or England or NZ or Aus... Zim don't count... When's the next WI tour?

chicane

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Seeing as Bangladesh were one wicket away from it at Multan and were only prevented by an Inzamam masterclass, I'll take the Tigers.

Can't see you winning in SA or England or NZ or Aus... Zim don't count... When's the next WI tour?
SA we have a chance, it will be an even contest. NZ again we can beat them if they prepare decent wickets. England? HELL YEAH! And we came very close to winning in Aus. and were the better side.

chicane

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Came close isn't good enough, is it?
Exactly. Bangladesh coming close to winning isn't good enough. :p
And will England even come close to upsetting Australia?
Neil Pickup said:
You didn't even beat NZ at home... We're better than NZ...
Two more tests....don't rule NZ out.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
SA we have a chance, it will be an even contest. NZ again we can beat them if they prepare decent wickets. England? HELL YEAH! And we came very close to winning in Aus. and were the better side.
I hate to admit it, but I'll agree with Neil when he says we haven't proved our worth outside Asia.

One good series against Australia doesn't show anything. India has been popular for being inconsistent.

I'm afraid I can't confidently say we can beat either of SA, NZ or England, in their backyard.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
I hate to admit it, but I'll agree with Neil when he says we haven't proved our worth outside Asia.

One good series against Australia doesn't show anything. India has been popular for being inconsistent.

I'm afraid I can't confidently say we can beat either of SA, NZ or England, in their backyard.
The professionalism and spirit of this team is alien to Indian cricket. One good(read great) series against Australia in their backyard says a helluva lot. And the series against Pakistan showed the spirit and toughness this team has. I feel we'll more than prove our worth outside Asia in the next few years.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
The professionalism and spirit of this team is alien to Indian cricket. One good(read great) series against Australia in their backyard says a helluva lot. And the series against Pakistan showed the spirit and toughness this team has. I feel we'll more than prove our worth outside Asia in the next few years.
Exactly, in the next few years. Not instantly.

Plus, don't forget we lost miserably to Pakistan in the 2nd Test, where did the toughness go then?

EDIT: Or the Boxing Day Test...?

chicane

State Captain
And it's amazing you think india can't win an away series after coming close to beating Australia at home, and Bangladesh can win a test just because they came close to upsetting Pakistan. In that match, and the one now against the WI, were pitches which were almost like home to them.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
Exactly, in the next few years. Not instantly.

Plus, don't forget we lost miserably to Pakistan in the 2nd Test, where did the toughness go then?

EDIT: Or the Boxing Day Test...?
In the boxing day test one bad session cost us, and that was against AUSTRALIA. We did goof up in the Lahore test, but so did the invincible Aussies in Kolkatta.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
And it's amazing you think india can't win an away series after coming close to beating Australia at home, and Bangladesh can win a test just because they came close to upsetting Pakistan. In that match, and the one now against the WI, were pitches which were almost like home to them.
Is that for me or Neil?

I never said Bangladesh will win a Test before India wins a series outside Asia.

Infact, I said Bangladesh first needs to draw Tests before aiming for a win.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
In the boxing day test one bad session cost us, and that was against AUSTRALIA. We did goof up in the Lahore test, but so did the invincible Aussies in Kolkatta.
Let's not get started on India - Australia comparison.

Australia have won a Test series in all countries apart from India, if I'm not wrong.

India hasn't won a Test series outside of pre-1947 India.

So there it is.

Please don't take me as an anti-Indian, I am an Indian by heart. I'm just saying we're not that great yet, so let's keep our cool, and not get too excited. The team is working hard, good things are to come, but patience is the key. :)

Last edited:

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep Popat said:
Let's not get started on India - Australia comparison.

Australia have won a Test series in all countries apart from India, if I'm not wrong.

India hasn't won a Test series outside of pre-1947 India.

So there it is.

Please don't take me as an anti-Indian, being an Indian. I'm just saying we're not that great yet, so let's keep our cool, and not get too excited. The team is working hard, good things are to come, but patience is the key.
Yeah the Aussies were on a 16 test match winning streak before Kolkatta. That is the ultimate in toughness. And Australia are a superior team. And why should I think you are Anti-Indian? Even if you are, like I care. :cool:

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
Yeah the Aussies were on a 16 test match winning streak before Kolkatta. That is the ultimate in toughness. And Australia are a superior team. And why should I think you are Anti-Indian? Even if you are, like I care. :cool:
It's a fact mate. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.