• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best current International Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicane

State Captain
It was obvious the lights made a difference but then Anderson was still a hero for England and all the hype already around him doubled. 8-) And Nehra bowled very well angainst Sri Lanka (4-35) and Zimbabwe (2 or 3 wickets) and supported Zaheer and Srinath. Even in the final he had the most economical figures. He's been so pathetic because he has hardly remained fit and falls flat on his face everytime(ala Zaheer Khan). He has some ability, as he showed in the last over of the 1st Ind-Pak Karachi ODI and then in the Rawalpindi test.

tooextracool

International Coach
chicane said:
It was obvious the lights made a difference but then Anderson was still a hero for England and all the hype already around him doubled. 8-) And Nehra bowled very well angainst Sri Lanka (4-35) and Zimbabwe (2 or 3 wickets) and supported Zaheer and Srinath. Even in the final he had the most economical figures. He's been so pathetic because he has hardly remained fit and falls flat on his face everytime(ala Zaheer Khan). He has some ability, as he showed in the last over of the 1st Ind-Pak Karachi ODI and then in the Rawalpindi test.
anderson's hype doubled when he took a hatrick against pakistan and followed that up with a good perforamance against SA.
That being said both of them are conditions dependent bowlers and neither of them will succeed at the international level unless they improve their accuracy

chicane

State Captain
tooextracool said:
anderson's hype doubled when he took a hatrick against pakistan and followed that up with a good perforamance against SA.
That being said both of them are conditions dependent bowlers and neither of them will succeed at the international level unless they improve their accuracy
Nehra is pretty accurate and bowls at decent pace around 85 mph, he was superb as I mentioned in the last over in the Karachi ODI. But he's too fragile and has never been fit through a season.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
Nehra is pretty accurate and bowls at decent pace around 85 mph, he was superb as I mentioned in the last over in the Karachi ODI.
... once in a blue moon.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chicane said:
It was obvious the lights made a difference but then Anderson was still a hero for England and all the hype already around him doubled. 8-)

You weren't on here at the time I can only assume from that comment...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
EnglishRose said:
As SOME England fans accepted....
I think you'll find the more intelligent England fans (ie the ones who are intelligent enough to be members of this forum) did.

If people round the world didn't, why should we be held accountable.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
The lights made the difference - as England fans accepted when Anderson took a hatful against Pakistan.

Nehra's record in the World Cup was highly skewed by 2 or 3 good performances (1 of which was light-induced)
No, Marc - the lights only worked in England's favour when they beat Pakistan - they did not work against them when they lost to India. That was totally different.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
What are you arguing about chicane? Do you seriously think that Bangladesh cannot win a Test (Test, not a series) in the next 2 years?....and thats just assuming that India win their next away series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
It's called momentum - a good start to the day and the Australians are nigh on impossible to stop...

What is your point? Momentum works for everyone, not just Australia, just so you know.....So, India got a better start on day 2 and they went on to roll them over......Why are trying to make it sound as though India did something wrong when they didn't? Cricket matches can be decided based on good luck...I mean England could have so easily been rolled over on the first day in Barbados but as Luck would have it, they only had to bat on the second day.... Cricket is a game of chances and the side that can take theirs better wins...India took their good luck and made complete use of it. So stop all this absurdity of yours....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
So 10 wickets @ 37.70 from a bowler with a career average in the mid 20's isn't out of rhythm?

You wanna talk stats, let us talk this.....Australia never bowled out India in Sydney and yet, you think they were the better team there.....They took 9 Indian wickets in that whole match and yet you think they dominated us? I don't what your screwed up theory on cricket is but no matter how screwed up it is, you were wrong....We made more runs than the Aussies in that tests and we took more wickets than them and hence we DOMINATED them......And if you cannot understand that, then you should try NOT posting these stuff here and making a complete joke of your cricket knowledge, or the lack there of....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
honestbharani said:
You wanna talk stats, let us talk this.....Australia never bowled out India in Sydney and yet, you think they were the better team there.....They took 9 Indian wickets in that whole match and yet you think they dominated us? I don't what your screwed up theory on cricket is but no matter how screwed up it is, you were wrong....We made more runs than the Aussies in that tests and we took more wickets than them and hence we DOMINATED them......And if you cannot understand that, then you should try NOT posting these stuff here and making a complete joke of your cricket knowledge, or the lack there of....
I can't think Marc said that Australia dominated the Sydney Test... all he's ever said is that it certainly wasn't a guaranteed Indian win.

chicane

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I can't think Marc said that Australia dominated the Sydney Test... all he's ever said is that it certainly wasn't a guaranteed Indian win.
No Marc said Australia were more likely to win.

chicane

State Captain
marc71178 said:
I think you'll find the more intelligent England fans (ie the ones who are intelligent enough to be members of this forum) did.

If people round the world didn't, why should we be held accountable.
So non CW member Englishmen are dumb fools who don't really represent the sentiments of England? OK then non CW Indians who are responsible for the unruly behaviour in crowds etc..don't really represent all of us. There are many stupid Indian fans over here too.....so if they dismissed Pakistan or called Chopra and Balaji a god, or called Shoaib a chucker or hyped up Munaf Patel to be better than Shoaib, we don't think the same and are not 'accountable'.

chicane

State Captain
luckyeddie said:
No, Marc - the lights only worked in England's favour when they beat Pakistan - they did not work against them when they lost to India. That was totally different.
If you think so......at least I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.