• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

14 years ago today

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England won the Ashes for the first time in 18 years.

The greatest Test series of all-time starring Freddie Flintoff as the all-conquering hero.

It made Burgey cry.

Anyway. We had 9/11 memories doing the rounds yesterday (not on here) but this is a happier one. As an Englishman this will never be topped in iconic cricketing moments for me. Yes we won the World Cup, we had our spell at number one, and we won the Ashes down under. But I've never seen cricket capture the public attention like this, and don't think I ever will again.

So, memories of this day in particular anyone?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
That's what they want you to think :ph34r:

Just got used to seeing articles on the matter with that kind of title from all day yesterday I suppose :-)

Dunno if you've seen those Hulk Hogan 9/11 memes floating out there?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had convinced myself that winning the Ashes again was something we'd never do again in my lifetime - was also firmly of the view that I'd never see Reading in the Premiership but a year later they were - happy days - just a shame I also chose that year to get married

a massive zebra

International Captain
Had convinced myself that winning the Ashes again was something we'd never do again in my lifetime - was also firmly of the view that I'd never see Reading in the Premiership but a year later they were - happy days - just a shame I also chose that year to get married
If your posts on the forum are anything to go by, you seem to get married quite a lot. :ph34r:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
England won the Ashes for the first time in 18 years.

The greatest Test series of all-time starring Freddie Flintoff as the all-conquering hero.

It made Burgey cry.

Anyway. We had 9/11 memories doing the rounds yesterday (not on here) but this is a happier one. As an Englishman this will never be topped in iconic cricketing moments for me. Yes we won the World Cup, we had our spell at number one, and we won the Ashes down under. But I've never seen cricket capture the public attention like this, and don't think I ever will again.

So, memories of this day in particular anyone?
Good one. More interested to hear trundler’s memories of this day than anyone elses tbh.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good one. More interested to hear trundler’s memories of this day than anyone elses tbh.
Was a good day. Didn't crap myself.

The first series I can remember is Australia Vs Pakistan in 09. Was not at all great.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I remember being totally confident about the day going to school, knowing we had a lead and were only one down. I hadn't been a cricket fan long enough to remember a time when England weren't a quality side you see, which probably played a part in my naivety. Then my mum picked me up and and was going through all the guys who had got out and I started panicking. Got home and Pietersen was 100+ and the Ashes were basically secured.