• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arise Sir Andrew

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Only right to also acknowledge the Knighthood awarded to Andrew Strauss. For services to cricket and his charity work related to the sad and premature death of his wife.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
'Fraid so. There was even some vague talk of him being parachuted into a safe Tory seat as MP a few years back.

the big bambino

International Captain
Set the example for all English captains to claim bump ball catches. Joe Root continues the lineage to this very day. Congratulations Sir cheatalot. #legacy

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how both of these knighthood threads so far have been all about posters ****ting all over the respective people & giving us reasons not to like them.

Good vibes.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was fine with Strauss until I found out he's a Tory. It's a character and personality defect. Not worthy.

Boycott literally a convicted wife beater, so how he can be made a Knight is beyond me tbh

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I was fine with Strauss until I found out he's a Tory. it's a character and personality defect. Not worthy.

Boycott literally a convicted wide beater, so how he can be made a Knight is beyond me tbh
If my understanding of Boycott's style of play is correct he usually tended to leave wide balls alone.

Agree completely about him tbh, just thought it was a funny typo

Athlai

Not Terrible
A South African bloke emigrating to England as a kid, competing there at the highest level, then losing his wife at a tragically young age and then devoting himself to charity work?

Top bloke.

Daemon

A South African bloke emigrating to England as a kid, competing there at the highest level, then losing his wife at a tragically young age and then devoting himself to charity work?

Top bloke.
Should be watching this from his local gaol tbh

Burgey

Top bloke.
Tory.