• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arise Sir Geoffrey

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well there is no way that he could have done the upcoming series and he seems to have taken that as the end. Probably be back next summer when they realise that the summarisers they have are bland and boring.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. love his commentary but what a PoS... Funny thing is he could not have written "women's cricket" and made an actual valid observation. But he has to go **** it up with a ***ist remark. :laugh:

Spikey

to be 100% clear, he's referring to the 'expert' analysis part of it, limiting it to only male test cricketers

he's 100% wrong anyway. and most of the experts are ****

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can state easily at least within the Indian commentators..

Anjum Chopra >>>>>> Sanjay Manjrekar

and Anjum is bland as they come as a commentator. Still miles better as an expert analyst than Sanju Manju can ever dream of.

Flem274*

123/5
a friend of mine gets very angry at the existence of female commentators at mens games. tbf, she is a cantabrian, you can't expect her to have sensible opinions.

TheJediBrah

a friend of mine gets very angry at the existence of female commentators at mens games. tbf, she is a cantabrian, you can't expect her to have sensible opinions.
I always wonder when they are going to start hiring women to coach the womens' teams. Seems to be mostly men.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
One day the day might dawn when people get jobs on merit. At the moment we live in an age of positive discrimination in order to encourage previously "victimized minorities". Women are chosen because they're women. I actually don't have a problem with any of the female cricket commentators who have emerged so far. I can't say the same for the football, but whether any of them are worse than Michael Owen is debatable.

Spikey

I always wonder when they are going to start hiring women to coach the womens' teams. Seems to be mostly men.
I imagine this current crop of australian cricketers will fill a lot of coaching roles. moving from a full time professional career to a coaching gig seems a logically easier step than someone who is splitting their time between their cricket career and another profession