• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arise Sir Geoffrey

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Are you sure? Boycott has stated on more than one occasion that the guilty until innocent laws in France are one of the prime reasons he voted leave in the EU referendum.
I'm 100% sure. There are no guilty until proven innocent laws in France, and the fact that he repeatedly insists there are shows what a ignorant **** he is.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm 100% sure. There are no guilty until proven innocent laws in France, and the fact that he repeatedly insists there are shows what a ignorant **** he is.
They do have some strange inquisitorial criminal justice system though don't they?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is clearly and self-evidently not the prerogative of the Australian PM to give out British knighthoods.

But yes, the UK PM does have the competency to award an honourary knighthood to a non-British person.
Noted Anglophile Tony Abbott reintroduced knighthoods when he became Prime Minister in 2013. The first people he granted them to were the Governor General, and famously Prince Phillip.

That's right. A knighthood. To a Prince.

Was the beginning of the end for Abbott. Rightly so, too.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Our UK posters must feel like they're in with a shout then if the bar is set this low

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Geoffrey has now left Test Match Special. He was the only decent summariser on there. Hopefully this doesn’t mean more Michael Vaughan.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've become very fond of Sir Geoffrey of late - if you stalk him on twitter he bites, as does David Gower - Sir Beefy, sadly, doesn't