• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

Ulzan69

Banned
South Africa tour of India, 2019

15 Sep,1st T20I- Dharamsala
18 Sep,2ndT20I-Mohali
22 Sep,3rd T20I- Bengaluru

02 - 06 Oct,1st Test- Visakhapatnam
10 - 14 Oct,2nd Test- Ranchi
19 - 23 Oct,3rd Test- Pune

3 test series will be ICC's Inaugural world test championship.

Test Squad: Faf du Plessis (c), Temba Bavuma (vc), Theunis de Bruyn, Quinton de Kock, Dean Elgar, Zubayr Hamza, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Senuran Muthusamy , Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Vernon Philander, Dane Piedt, Kagiso Rabada, Klassen

T20I Squad: Quinton de Kock (c), Rassie van der Dussen (vc), Temba Bavuma, Junior Dala, Bjorn Fortuin, Beuran Hendricks, Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, George Linde

Bumrah & MS Dhoni rested for 3 t20i vs Southafrica but Hardik pandya back in t20i vs SA

Ind team for 3:t20i
Squad: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Rahul Chahar, Khaleel Ahmed, Deepak Chahar, Navdeep Saini

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulzan69

Banned
Proteas team under Kock
Without Faf /Steyn ( he wants but not pick by SA)Amla retires
No Dumiy no Morris no markran ( he will lead SA A in India soon ) looks ordinary but every country now wants that way-- Give more chance to Youngster so they can Grow for
World t20 two of them coming
2020 in Aus & again in 2021(30 teams)

Last edited:

Ulzan69

Banned
K.Rahul dropped for 3 test series vs Southafrica.Un-Capped S.Gill picked for test series vs Southafrica.umesh yadav also left out.Not seen Pandya in test team.
rohit likely to open in test

Rohit
Agarwal
pujara
kohli {c}
Rahane{v.c}
vihari
Pant { 1st choice k}
Jadeja
Ashwin
shami
Bumrah*

* will play 1st time in india

Ishant sharma
saha
kuldep yadav
Shubhman Gill

test series vs SA starts on oct 02

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit's been confirmed as the opener. He'll get the full series apparently.

They're looking at Gill as both an opening and middle order option, but just a back up for now.

Bahseph

State Captain
I have tons of respect for Rohit the white ball player and I do believe he can play a role in Tests, but I wouldn't have him opening. Only for the fact that he won't succeed all over the world with his tendency to knick off to the moving ball.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon this series is going to be nasty for South Africa.

I can see Rohit maybe having some success opening in Asia, but not outside.

Bahseph

State Captain
Yeah this is going to be a rough few months for the SA Test team. It's a mre era now. Only Philander and Faf are around from the end of that Greame Smith unit. But it's a big opportunity for the younger players. Especially Hamza, Markram and de Bruyn imo.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Faf du Plessis (c), Temba Bavuma (vc), Theunis de Bruyn, Quinton de Kock, Dean Elgar, Zubayr Hamza, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Senuran Muthusamy , Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Vernon Philander, Dane Piedt, Kagiso Rabada, Klassen

SA looking at a line-up of

Elgar
Markram
Hamza
Faf
Bavuma
de Bruyn
de Kock
Maharaj
Piedt
Rabada
Ngidi

Not quite sure how 3-6 will line-up - but I think the above is most likely.

I'm worried that they'll ad Muthusamy in place of de Bruyn, push him to seven, and replace Piedt with Philander/Nortje.

MrPrez

International Debutant
The team is actually pretty decent on paper if Hamza and/or de Bruyn step up. Certain some fragility in that middle-order but the bowling is quality. Maharaj is one of the most underrated spinners around and has a massive opportunity to prove it in India.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
De Bruyn did make that properly good ton against SL. If he can rediscover that sort of ability against spin he could well have a very good series indeed

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quietly decent looking SA outfit.

If it's a low scoring series things could get tight because as we've seen before, it often just takes 1-2 good knocks and you win. Pune and Ranchi are pretty spin friendly so entirely possible SA do well there.

If it's slow and flattish then I'm pretty confident we can pile on the runs.

Bahseph

State Captain
The emergence of Bumrah and Maharaj are going to be big factors in the pitch preparation imo. Might be more balanced this time around.

Dendarii

International Debutant
De Bruyn did make that properly good ton against SL. If he can rediscover that sort of ability against spin he could well have a very good series indeed
De Bruyn's scored a lot of runs in domestic cricket, but so far has been one of the players who can't seem to make the step. Being in and out of the team probably hasn't helped, but he's got the opportunity to have a decent run in the side, so he does need to capitalise on it even if India's not necessarily going to be the easiest place to do so.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The emergence of Bumrah and Maharaj are going to be big factors in the pitch preparation imo. Might be more balanced this time around.
It really won't, SA batting line-up have a deserved reputation of being the worst players of spin at the moment. You really not gonna bring the fast bowlers into it if you don't need to.

SeamUp

International Coach
Playing tests on those out grounds with a reputation of being turners makes me pretty confident on what we can expect.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah this is going to be a rough few months for the SA Test team. It's a mre era now. Only Philander and Faf are around from the end of that Greame Smith unit. But it's a big opportunity for the younger players. Especially Hamza, Markram and de Bruyn imo.
Probably what I am most looking forward to in this series and the summer back home. Is seeing how these 3 face the challenges. They mature now and ready to stamp their mark if good enough.

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
To be fair, Markram has all but stamped his mark on the Test side already.

Admittedly his potential is far higher than his current average but 44-odd is hardly a poor average.

The recent SA A tour of India would surely have put any doubt to rest - the pitches have to be turners if you're India.

It's also worth noting that the SL Test series loss was a bizarre blotch on what going into the series was seen as a pretty damn good team. The ODI team has clearly been our issue recently - the Test side has been solid (if not spectactular).

Admittedly we've lost guys like Amla and Steyn but I think their impact has been minimised in recent months anyway (Amla due to form, Steyn due to injuries) so we're somewhat prepared.

That said we're almost certainly going to lose. But perhaps not the walloping one might expect.