• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to India; clinical decimation. Rohit was fantastic, did far better than I thought, even considering he was playing in India, he fronted up to some good spells from Rabada and Philander early on in the 2nd and 3rd tests, to cash in later.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mohammad Shami's career numbers are starting to look very impressive indeed.

Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com

Apart from England (where he bowled some searing spells with very little luck), he's done well everywhere.
Didn't realise he had that many wickets already...166 wickets @28 is very good by any standards, let alone a subcontinent pacer. I don't think he's ever had a proper run of 3-4 games in a row where he bowls badly. Always seems to produce something of quality even when not at his best.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Didn't realise he had that many wickets already...166 wickets @28 is very good by any standards, let alone a subcontinent pacer. I don't think he's ever had a proper run of 3-4 games in a row where he bowls badly. Always seems to produce something of quality even when not at his best.
I will have to say he occasionally goes missing when the conditions are actually in favor of the bowlers but has been superb otherwise.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Imagine this SA team:
Stiaan van Zyl
Rilee Russouw
Colin Ackermann
Leus du Plooy
Ryan ten Doeschate
Daryn Smit
Vilas
Roelof
Harmer
Abbott
McKerr
What are we supposed to imagine it doing? Getting thrashed by average county sides?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australians try to convince themselves that Lyon with his average of 33+ is better than Jadeja/Ashwin (who has been below par for two years now). :)

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australians try to convince themselves that Lyon with his average of 33+ is better than Jadeja/Ashwin (who has been below par for two years now). :)
and then they apply the pitch argument which they don't apply for indian pacers vs aussie pacers or smith vs kohli. is it jadeja/ashwin's fault that lyon can't bowl on his home pitches. shami/umesh have outbowled every pacer there is including cummins/rabada/anderson/broad/philander/boult/hazlewood/starc et al on indian soil. not being able to bowl on home soil is a demerit, not an excuse.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
An ATVG indian bowling line up of Kapil, Shami, Bumrah and Ashwin gives a lineup with 1019 wickets at 27.22. Add Jadeja to it, you get 1230 wickets at 26.72.

Finally India have a "not so laughable as 2 decades back" lineup.

Note that I have not considered average of averages here. Lack of longevity of Bumrah is already factored here.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Shami for India ATG XI.
Has gone ahead of Zaheer and Srinath for me.

Fwiw, his bowling strike rate at this moment is better than Hadlee, Lillee, Mcgrath, Ambrose, Akram, Imran,Garner and many more:laugh: Not saying one bit he is better than them by the way.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
An ATVG indian bowling line up of Kapil, Shami, Bumrah and Ashwin gives a lineup with 1019 wickets at 27.22. Add Jadeja to it, you get 1230 wickets at 26.72.

Finally India have a "not so laughable as 2 decades back" lineup.

Note that I have not considered average of averages here. Lack of longevity of Bumrah is already factored here.
kapil shami bumrah ashwin jadeja is the atg india xi bowling lineup.

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
Has gone ahead of Zaheer and Srinath for me.

Fwiw, his bowling strike rate at this moment is better than Hadlee, Lillee, Mcgrath, Ambrose, Akram, Imran,Garner and many more:laugh: Not saying one bit he is better than them by the way.
i think he'll end up in the second tier with the likes of gillespie et al. 300 something wickets at 26-28.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
It's cute how excited Indians get over a pacer averaging 28
Sub 25 since 2015.
Ishant is doing 26.22 since 2015.

Which is pretty good when your main bowler is averaging sub 20...

And you have a couple of spinners averaging 25, while also being pretty decent all-rounders (pretty damn good one at that in the case of one of them).

ishqiya

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sub 25 since 2015.
Ishant is doing 26.22 since 2015.

Which is pretty good when your main bowler is averaging sub 20...

And you have a couple of spinners averaging 25, while also being pretty decent all-rounders (pretty damn good one at that in the case of one of them).
plus umesh, bhuvi, kuldeep in the reserves. :cool:

Pax Indica is here.