• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

Heboric

International Debutant
Nah. We just haven't done the basics as well as India has.

Obviously a mute point but if we batted first I bet it wouldn't have made a difference.
Its sport, until I see it happen then I wont comment.

Look at the Boks in New Zealand recently, everybody was saying easy wins for New Zealand...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still a perfectly decent strip to bat on and SA are 129/6. No amount of complaining about the toss changes that.

7 down now. India have just been far better in all departments.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This whole tough guy image Virat tries to cultivate for himself is comprehensively shattered anytime he has a bowl.

Right arm steak and kidney

Member Berry

U19 Cricketer
umesh finally being rewarded for his decade long plan of bowling filth down the leg side every other over to lure the batsman into a mistake. happy for him.

Heboric

International Debutant
It is not even up for debate guys.
Really !!

So there is absolutely no advantage batting first in India. at all, even stevens

So having access to the pitch which has almost no marking compared to a day and a half of sun baking down on it, bowlers and batsmen running on it.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Really !!

So there is absolutely no advantage batting first in India. at all, even stevens

So having access to the pitch which has almost no marking compared to a day and a half of sun baking down on it, bowlers and batsmen running on it.
Nobody said that. There is just not an innings and 150 run advantage, hence the results would likely have been the same.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As far as touring team in the conditions goes, I reckon this might be South Africa's worst touring side since their 31/32 tour of Australia, with the possible exception of their last time around in India and Sri Lanka. They're horrible.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
One striking feature of this victory is even split in wickets between pace and spin both innings. This is a team covered on all bases.

Heboric

International Debutant
Nobody said that. There is just not an innings and 150 run advantage, hence the results would likely have been the same.
Its pretty easy to captain and bowl with a huge score on the board. It accumualtes, plays on the batsmen, can set attacking fields