Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: *Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

Quote Originally Posted by GoodAreasShane View Post
    De Bruyn did make that properly good ton against SL. If he can rediscover that sort of ability against spin he could well have a very good series indeed
    De Bruyn's scored a lot of runs in domestic cricket, but so far has been one of the players who can't seem to make the step. Being in and out of the team probably hasn't helped, but he's got the opportunity to have a decent run in the side, so he does need to capitalise on it even if India's not necessarily going to be the easiest place to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahseph View Post
    The emergence of Bumrah and Maharaj are going to be big factors in the pitch preparation imo. Might be more balanced this time around.
    It really won't, SA batting line-up have a deserved reputation of being the worst players of spin at the moment. You really not gonna bring the fast bowlers into it if you don't need to.
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it."

"I have neither the time nor crayons to explain it to you...."

Playing tests on those out grounds with a reputation of being turners makes me pretty confident on what we can expect.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

Quote Originally Posted by Bahseph View Post
    Yeah this is going to be a rough few months for the SA Test team. It's a mre era now. Only Philander and Faf are around from the end of that Greame Smith unit. But it's a big opportunity for the younger players. Especially Hamza, Markram and de Bruyn imo.
    Probably what I am most looking forward to in this series and the summer back home. Is seeing how these 3 face the challenges. They mature now and ready to stamp their mark if good enough.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 13-09-2019 at 03:25 AM.

Tournaments Won: 1
    To be fair, Markram has all but stamped his mark on the Test side already.

Admittedly his potential is far higher than his current average but 44-odd is hardly a poor average.

The recent SA A tour of India would surely have put any doubt to rest - the pitches have to be turners if you're India.

It's also worth noting that the SL Test series loss was a bizarre blotch on what going into the series was seen as a pretty damn good team. The ODI team has clearly been our issue recently - the Test side has been solid (if not spectactular).

Admittedly we've lost guys like Amla and Steyn but I think their impact has been minimised in recent months anyway (Amla due to form, Steyn due to injuries) so we're somewhat prepared.

That said we're almost certainly going to lose. But perhaps not the walloping one might expect.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPrez View Post
    To be fair, Markram has all but stamped his mark on the Test side already.

Admittedly his potential is far higher than his current average but 44-odd is hardly a poor average.

The recent SA A tour of India would surely have put any doubt to rest - the pitches have to be turners if you're India.

It's also worth noting that the SL Test series loss was a bizarre blotch on what going into the series was seen as a pretty damn good team. The ODI team has clearly been our issue recently - the Test side has been solid (if not spectactular).

Admittedly we've lost guys like Amla and Steyn but I think their impact has been minimised in recent months anyway (Amla due to form, Steyn due to injuries) so we're somewhat prepared.

That said we're almost certainly going to lose. But perhaps not the walloping one might expect.
    Nah. That loss to SL was coming, it should have not happened but was a big wake-up call. We got through the Indian and Aus series off some fantastic bowling and importantly ABdV propping the batting up. Our batting has been brittle.

SA in a position where they have some potential in batting, that has not quite come of age combined with inexperience. Faf and QDK have to all score runs this tour. Markram has been suspect against the turning ball. Don't expect much from Bavuma but if he can help support those 2 then maybe we can put something on the board. de Bruyn and Hamza are wildcards, I`m hoping Hamza shows his stuff. If Elgar manages to grind some of the Indian bowlers down I will be happy, but for some reason I don't expect much from him. I`m just hoping we don't get bowled out for under 200 consistently.

First Class Debutant
    It's about time the selectors just earmarked who they believe will be our batting line up in 5 years and give them some leeway. I assume that includes Markram, QDK, Hamza and de Bruyn from the current crop.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenZA View Post
    Nah. That loss to SL was coming, it should have not happened but was a big wake-up call. We got through the Indian and Aus series off some fantastic bowling and importantly ABdV propping the batting up. Our batting has been brittle.
    And pitches that suited our bowlers more than the ones we played on against Sri Lanka.

Looking rather gloomy out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Sanjay Bangar reckons India could have potentially won a few more fourth-innings chases if Rohit Sharma had been a Test opener. India's assistant coach, everyone.
    vcs likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

International Debutant srbhkshk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Sanjay Bangar reckons India could have potentially won a few more fourth-innings chases if Rohit Sharma had been a Test opener. India's assistant coach, everyone.
    I don't remember us having actually won any non-trivial fourth innings chase under Kohli so he is technically right.

Why did they bother , that was quick done and dusted

Banned
    Great escape of India, last series at Dharamsala Rohit hits 109 India beaten vs SA
    We have poor record vs #3 in ICC ranking of t20i Southafrica.we are # 4 in t20i ranking

Banned
    We will be beaten in t20i series because you can not win with such rotten seam bowlers in your wing
    Plus Kuldeep and Chahal also not in the team of 15

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information