• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India, Sep/Oct 2019

SeamUp

International Coach
So it was a road then. And probably on day 5.
Basically. A proper high way. There seems a lot of rain in the area though so wonderhow that will effect things. Pitch might not break up like that even.

The recent history of FC matches also indicates that. There are runs to be had.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Would love to see a rank turner even if it bites India back. No flat pitches please. Kills the interest in the game.

Heboric

International Debutant
I suppose the best we could have hoped for in a shortened warmup game, some batters got runs, some bowlers got wickets

Last edited:

Mrpiggy

Banned
Where can I watch the India v SA test matches in the UK? Is it even televised? Seems daft 2 big hitters aren't televised in the Northern Hemisphere too?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saha in for pant. Interesting how quickly the management seem to have soured on him. I'm glad to see Saha back tbf, hope he does well.

Ulzan69

Banned
Good Catch

Glad to know Saha will keep wicket for all 6 innings of 3 test he is better batsman in indian condition too

vcs

While I've generally never had much confidence in Saha's batting, this seems to be absolutely the right call.

OverratedSanity

Saha's batting is under appreciated anyway. He averaged 40 and 42 in 2017 and 2018 before his injury. Pant has a higher ceiling with the bat but Saha is hardly the scrub he's made out to be. So many of his runs have been in very crucial situations too.

Daemon

Yeah, I see Saha as a more dependable batsman. He’s been like a Bavuma for us.

Pant’s 30s in Australia were pretty handy though, and he definitely has a higher ceiling. Not the rocks/diamonds player he’s made out to be in Tests. Been poor in ODIs though.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Pant has a long career ahead of him. Hopefully, an immensely successful one. Would love to see Pant in his prime (lets say 5-7 years from now) come in with a test match in the balance and take it away from the opposition. Would be worth watching.

For now, would like to see Saha for what is left in him. Has been an under-rated and unsung servant for the last 3-4 years.