• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Jasprit Bumrah fanboying thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
We need one.

I can't get over the spell he bowled against West Indies. It was Waqar Younis of early 90s level of lethal. Never thought an Indian fast bowler could bowl with such skill and fury. All bow down to Boom Boom Bumrah :notworthy

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's so good that I'll stop being condescending about a guy with 50 wickets being India's greatest ever. He's a freak. Literally unplayable and indecipherable at his best.

vcs

Those deliveries to Hope and Holder deserve giffing for avatar purposes.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll be honest, initially I was sceptical, thought his success was just because good pace/awkward action. But the more I watch of Bumrah the more I like him, bloke is absolutely the real deal. If he can stay fit he has the potential to well and truly reach ATG status

morgieb

What a freak he is. Only serious injury will stop him from being India's best ever quick.

Daemon

What a ****ing spell of swing bowling that was. The greatest by an Indian since Binny's 4-6.

Bolo

State Captain
He has only 18 test runs to his name. Needs to score a 50 in SENA before we begin this discussion.

I've actually been fanboying out since his first test, despite the fact he might have been the worst bowler on offer that match. Part of it was just cos he is an Indian. Never seen that x factor before from an indian. Srinath had a bit of it, but he was a developed bowler by that time.

Not just the fact that he was Indian though. Was hoping/expecting him to be damn good right from the start. A bit like Cummins. Both have exceeded my very high expectations.

Please stay uninjured. That horrible action scares me.

Edit: this isn't supposed to come off a a backhand to India. The rise of Indias pace attack might be the best thing I've seen in my entire history of watching test cricket. Such a joy to see,.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
The closest I can think of in terms of Indian fast bowlers looking this dangerous are Sreesanth and Pathan, and neither of them looked near as unplayable as Bumrah

Burner

International Regular
Seems like a genuine 11 does Bumrah. I like that, not enough bunnies in international cricket these days
He has worked on his batting. I wouldn't be surprised if he's annoying to get out in the future if there's a batsman at the other end. Won't score runs but has that tenacity to dig in. An Anti-Shami.

Flem274*

123/5
he's the first indian quick i've ever been scared of when it comes to my team winning games. zaheer, shami and new ishant i respect but this guy is a level above.

he's so box office with his weird windmill action and the holding the ball out in front of him like a little big kid. great smile, steep bounce and swing to boot. love him.