• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stokes vs Perera vs Lara Ranking

DriveClub

International Regular
How would you rank those 3 legendary innings in run chases?

For me I'm not able to rank them at all. They all equally legendary

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least Leach is a decent bat...

Lara had Walsh with him to take him home.

Those Walsh leaves were legendary and needs to be in every coaching manual.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perera to me was the most insane and random. It's put him on a lot of people's radars when before I wrote him off as almost a nobody

It didn't have the big series feel or crazy crowd atmosphere as Lara and Stokes mind you. But I was thoroughly impressed

vcs

Maybe pure nostalgia but nothing will beat that Lara innings for me. Staying up late as a kid, watching that crowd go nuts as he hit the ball to the cover boundary. I really wanted that Australian team to get beaten.

DriveClub

International Regular
Perera's only one away from home, SL and SA are no where near as test teams in those conditions tbh crazy hitting was chance-less as well

Daemon

Really, really tough, but as all sensible tie breakers in cricket, I'll go for the one with the most boundaries.

Slifer

International Captain
Perera>lara>>stokes.

Lara and perera were both facing genuine atg attacks. And in pereras case he did it away from home.

akilana

International 12th Man
Perera>lara>>stokes.

Lara and perera were both facing genuine atg attacks. And in pereras case he did it away from home.
I’d go with the order too. Tbf to Stokes, the Australian attack is operating at ATG level for awhile now.

You could easily argue for Lara’s innings to be better than Perera’s as there was a genuine rivalry between the sides and WI were expected to beat Australia. There was much more pressure on Lara compared to Perera..

Logan

U19 Captain
You could also argue Perera’s 153*>Lara’s 153* since he was never as talented as Lara and an unknown nobody taking on Steyn, Rabada, Philander and Oliver was more impressive

Daemon

Philander was injured like 10 overs in wasn’t he? They still had Maharaj, mind. 5 proper bowlers.

Malcolm

U19 Vice-Captain
IMO Perera > Lara > Stokes

But I think Stokes faced the better attack albeit in the easiest condition to bat.

vcs

The series situation in Stokes's case should be considered if we're taking the pressure into account. Probably even in Lara and Stokes's case and a little less for Kusal with the underdog factor.

Anyway, these are intangibles and they're all ATG knocks. Shame that Perera's knock will inevitably garner much, much less attention and praise than the other two.

Slifer

International Captain
Perera gets bonus points for me because he was playing away. As far as the attacks are concerned rsa >oz 99> oz 19. Rsa I believe had Philander, Rabada, Oliver, steyn (!!!!) and maharaj. Yeah Philander was mostly no factor but the other 4 still form a pretty formidable attack. Warne, mcgrath, Gillespie, McGill >> Hazlewood Cummins, pattison and Lyon.