• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joel Wilson versus Kumar Dharmasena

andmark

International Captain
My instinct says Wilson. I think the only time I've been listening to a wicket on the radio and was confident the batsman's review would overturn it was Wilson earlier today.

a massive zebra

International Captain
These guys are immense in comparison to some blatantly biased Pakistani umpires of yesteryear like Shakeel Khan, Shakoor Rana and Javed Akhtar.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dharmasena is much more adept at flicking the bails whereas Wilson's paperwork is more neatly organised. Tell you what, could go either way.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
dharmasena has been doing it 'better' for longer and played a crucial role in an odi knock out game but jo-el has potential.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Joël gives them on the strength of a decent appeal. You could even see him changing his mind when he gave Warner out yesterday. Hard to beat Dharmasena for flair, but he's certainly doing his best. I'd say they're neck-and-neck at the moment.

Burgey

I think Joël gives them on the strength of a decent appeal. You could even see him changing his mind when he gave Warner out yesterday. Hard to beat Dharmasena for flair, but he's certainly doing his best. I'd say they're neck-and-neck at the moment.
Sadly he gave the lie to this comment only this morning.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not even sure that they would be the worst. West Indian umpiring from the fifties through the eighties was supposed to be generally low standard and often very biased, which made the tizzy they chucked in NZ in 1980 rather hypocritical. Heck, even guys like Lloyd Barker had their moments in the nineties.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Vaughan said neutral umpires should be canned and used Kettlebrough as an example of someone who should be an ashes umpire.

What a load or rubbish. We just had him in the India test and he made just as many errors.

Not exonerating Joel Wilson as he has been awful, but Kettlebrough was equally bad in recent matches yet less talked about.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I don't think any west Indian umpires should be on the panel.

If you watch our domestic cricket you'll see batsmen getting hit on the pad by a spinner given out pretty much automatically. So a batsman averaging in the late 30s has actually done really well.

SillyCowCorner1

I don't think any west Indian umpires should be on the panel.

If you watch our domestic cricket you'll see batsmen getting hit on the pad by a spinner given out pretty much automatically. So a batsman averaging in the late 30s has actually done really well.
Nigel and Leslie aren't that bad...Umpire Gregory Brathwaite deserves a shoutout as well.

MrPrez

International Debutant
This thread sent me down a YouTube rabbit hole, which ultimately had me come across this.

Hadn't ever seen this before. It's quite astonishing that after sandpapergate, this was the guy they decided to put in Aus head coach role..