• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The rate of Draws in Tests

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me the rate of draws in Tests?

The rate of:

1st to Bat Team's win
2nd to Bat Team's win
Draw

a massive zebra

International Captain
The proportion of draws has declined dramatically in the last few decades.

There were more draws in the 1960s than the 2010s, even though the number of matches increased by 121%.

Attachments

Last edited:

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
I expect the number of draws to decrease more due to the Test World Championship causing more matches between the stronger and weaker test teams and the impact of T20 cricket on the quality of test match batting. Also more matches between uneven teams will make batting first less relevant in the result.
Against this could be a move to 4 day test matches which I hope does not happen.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I expect the number of draws to decrease more due to the Test World Championship causing more matches between the stronger and weaker test teams and the impact of T20 cricket on the quality of test match batting. Also more matches between uneven teams will make batting first less relevant in the result.
Against this could be a move to 4 day test matches which I hope does not happen.
If I was confident of weather I’d really want 4-day tests. In fact I still want them.