• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zimbabwean rebels to tour England?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I hope they play an "Unofficial Test" or two against England, we will need a bit of competition this summer...

PY

International Coach
I, for one, will pay to go see a match involving these guys on a tour.

Would be a classic against Lashings, but doesn't Olonga play for Lashings at the moment?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Olonga does play for Lashings...

Its a bit mad on their behalf... I hope they all have a backup plans because Mugabson wont be letting them back in!!

What would they be called?? They could do with getting a good sponser...

anzac

International Debutant
I can't see it happening - shades of the Packer circus................

the ICC won't sanction the games as they would be seen as having double standards re the ZIM situation, and they will put the word out that any board entertaining the idea of hosting such a tour / match would be viewed with some disfavour etc etc etc ..................

PY

International Coach
Playing against village sides and doing testimonials etc etc wouldn't be under ECB jurisdiction so the ICC can bog off on that front. :)

biased indian

International Coach
PY said:
Playing against village sides and doing testimonials etc etc wouldn't be under ECB jurisdiction so the ICC can bog off on that front. :)
But i will say ICC ECB and all other board should try to solve the problem
than letting both the parties drift away further.

Taylor said:
Good luck to the i say. I dont think its fair the way Mugabe runs the country
and y is that its only cricket that get politicised ind vs pak and zimbabwe
issue etc.i think zim is going to take part in olympics and that y it has nothing to do the way country is run by Mugabe

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Olonga does play for Lashings...

Its a bit mad on their behalf... I hope they all have a backup plans because Mugabson wont be letting them back in!!

What would they be called?? They could do with getting a good sponser...
In all honesty, would you rather live in England if your a Zimbabwe rebel or live in Zimbabwe?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
In all honesty, would you rather live in England if your a Zimbabwe rebel or live in Zimbabwe?
You'll probably find that's not that straightforward a poser to answer as you think.