• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft 7.0 Voting Thread

Pick the three sides you rank as the strongest

• Total voters

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
[B][U](harsh)[/U][/B]			[B][U]morgieb	[/U][/B]			[B][U]Teuton[/U][/B]				[B][U]trundler[/U][/B]
Sunny Gavaskar 		Graeme Smith*			Roy Fredericks			Stewie Dempster 
Bill Ponsford 		Bruce Mitchell			Victor Trumper			Prithvi Shaw
Peter May (c) 		Cheteshwar Pujara		Matthew Sinclair		Clyde Walcott 
Steven Smith (5) 	Richie Richardson		Keith Miller			Clem Hill*
Graeme Pollock 		Eddie Paynter			Michael Clarke			Dave Houghton
Joe Solomon 		Adam Gilchrist+			Alastair Campbell		Aubrey Faulkner 
Tom Blundell (wk) 	Gary Gilmour			John Waite			Don Tallon
Wayne Daniel (3) 	Richie Benaud			Vernon Philander		Wasim Akram 
Colin Croft (2) 	Bob Willis			Learie Constantine		Neil Adcock 
Fazal Mahmood (4) 	Garth McKenzie			Shane Warne			Clarrie Grimmett 
Jasprit Bumrah (1) 	Courtney Walsh			Fred Spofforth			Glenn McGrath

[B][U]Pothas[/U][/B]			[B][U]Red Hill CC XI[/U][/B]			[B][U]AndrewB[/U][/B]			
Matthew Hayden		Bob Simpson			Eddie Barlow			
Andrew Strauss		Vijay Merchant			Haseeb Hameed			
David Boon		Don Bradman			Ranjitsinhji			
Everton Weekes		Ricky Ponting			Ted Dexter			
Stan McCabe		Ian Chappell *			Graham Thorpe			
Shiv Chanderpaul	Ken Barington			Mushtaq Mohammad*			
Ian Smith 		Lee Germon +			Jim Parks+			
Michael Holding		Hugh Tayfield			Monty Noble			
Fred Trueman		Malcolm Marshall		Harold Larwood			
Rangana Herath		Jackson Bird			Trent Boult			
Bill Bowes		Jimmy Anderson			Craig McDermott			

[B][U]fredfertang[/U][/B]		[B][U]TFO[/U][/B]				[B][U]Michaelf7777777[/U][/B]			
Herbert Sutcliffe	Arthur Morris			WG Grace (6)			
Conrad Hunte		Bill Brown			Sid Barnes			
Mahela Jayawardene	Charles Jack Russell		John Wright			
Brian Lara		Arivinda de Silva		John R. Reid (5)			
*Clive Lloyd		Polly Umrigar			Brendon McCullum (*) (+)			
Colin Bland		Tom Hayward			Wilfred Rhodes (3)			
Godfrey Evans		Jeff Dujon			Jack Gregory (2)			
Alan Davidson		Anil Kumble			Daniel Vettori (4)			
Sylvester Clarke	Peter Pollock			Craig Wishart			
Peter Such		Frank Tyson			Ray Lindwall (1)			
Tiger O'Reilly		Alan Ward			Syed Abid Ali (7)			

[B][U]Marcuss[/U][/B]			[B][U]Cabinet96[/U][/B]			[B][U]anil1405[/U][/B]			
Gordon Greenidge	1. Alastair Cook		Geoffrey Boycott			
Archie Jackson		2. Justin Langer		Graham Dowling			
Frank Worrell		3. Mark Butcher			Simon Katich			
Jacques Kallis		4. Younis Khan			Javed Miandad			
Denis Compton		5. Joe Root			Hansie Cronje (C) (5)			
Allan Border		6. Shakib al Hassan 		Roshen Silva			
Imran Khan		7. Maurice Tate			Jimmy Adams (Wk1) (4)			
Denis Lindsay		8. Wasim Bair +			Hannan Sarkar (Wk2)			
Tino Best		9. Alec Bedser 			Fanie de Villiers (3)			
Colin Miller		10. Kagiso Rabada		Dennis Lillee (1)			
Allan Donald		11. Sydney Barnes		Waqar Younis (2)

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Red Hill is hax. GOAT batsman, GOAT fast bowler, a batting order to kill for and some decent backup bowlers like Jackson Bird.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My thoughts:

Harsh - lots and lots of star power - that Top 5 is outstanding and the bowling is quality too. But the fact that you have to rely on part-timers for spin hurts and the 6/7 is a weakness. Good but not the best.
Pothas - very solid. I suppose the Top 3 isn't incredible but the 4-6 is very good and the opening bowlers are superb. No real weakness barring maybe a 6th bowling option. Top-class.
fredfertang - this would get votes off me if it wasn't for Such. He's not a massive liability, but it does hurt the balance massively especially given the lack of a 5th bowling option. Otherwise I'm a fan - a very good batting lineup and two world-class bowlers heading the attack.
Marcuss - after Red Hill, probably the best batting of the bunch and having Kallis and Imran is h4x. Support bowlers a bit of a problem however despite the awesome new ball pairing.
morgieb - yeah I'll admit my lineup is pretty meh.
Red Hill - Bradman and Marshall? Pretty h4x. Especially given it's a very fine batting lineup even without The Don. Main weakness is the keeper I guess, but it's not a massive liability. Excellent side.
TFO - similar side to mine in that it's a bit too short of star power. Decent side but really needed a Ponting instead of one of their middle order bats and a Wasim instead of Ward (for example)
Cabinet96 - excellent bowling. Just feel the batting is a tad below the best. Probably would've finished 4th for me.
Teuton - a few weak batsmen, but the all-rounders help somewhat there. And the bowling is very good. Needed a genuine batting star instead of Sinclair/Campbell to get votes off me, though.
AndrewB - see TFO and a couple of others. The all-rounders help mask the lack of great bats and having Hameed, but overall just a tad short of the best teams.
Michaelf7777777 - the all-rounders help mask the lack of batting quality here, but it's still a very weak batting lineup. Lindwall probably carries the bowling a bit too. Strugglers.
anil1405 - another very ordinary lineup. I do love the new ball pairing and there's a few good bats here, but no real fourth bowler or keeper is a massive liability. Just too weak.
trundler - dat bowling attack, what the ****. Very fine batting too. Shaw a slight weakness because of his lack of experience but I suspect in ten years time everyone will be drafting him in ATG sides. World-class.

So I voted for Pothas, Red Hill and trundler, with honourable mentions to Marcuss, tangy and Cabinet.