• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time XI

a massive zebra

International Captain
blackcapsrule said:
What are your guys problems, im not going to include any of your rubbish english players. What makes you think I have no knowledge for the game!
Mate I think you misunderstood. Eddie was saying Tec had no knowledge of the game and Tec was been his normal self. 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
blackcapsrule said:
What are your guys problems, im not going to include any of your rubbish english players. What makes you think I have no knowledge for the game!
Erm, your username? ;)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
How's this for a one day side :-

Gilchrist
Tendulkar
Bradman
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Botham
Kapil
Miller
Imran
Hadlee

Eleven hard hitting AND high scoring batsmen, six front line bowlers and all of them brilliant fielders.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
How's this for a one day side :-

Gilchrist
Tendulkar
Bradman
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Botham
Kapil
Miller
Imran
Hadlee

Eleven hard hitting AND high scoring batsmen, six front line bowlers and all of them brilliant fielders.
Miller (Keith?) never played a ODI. I would replace him with Wasim Akram of 502 wicket fame.

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
really?and here i am thinking your side will include rikki clarke,rob key and matt bell.
Key
Bell
Prince
*R Clarke
Misbah ul-Haq
Dwayne Smith
Bernard
+Ratra
Wiseman
Bracken
Mason

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Miller (Keith?) never played a ODI. I would replace him with Wasim Akram of 502 wicket fame.
Yes. You are right if we made past ODI experience a criteria. But then we would also need to replace Bradman. Maybe with Ponting.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
blackcapsrule said:
I don't understand this. My problem lol
Simple instructions...

1. Manipulate your right arm until you can see the edge of your hand, thumb pointing toward tou.
2. Lift it until it's a foot or so above your head
3. Move the hand rapidly from front to back.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
a massive zebra said:
Mate I think you misunderstood. Eddie was saying Tec had no knowledge of the game and Tec was been his normal self. 8-)
I couldn't make it any more obvious that I was kidding either.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Yes. You are right if we made past ODI experience a criteria. But then we would also need to replace Bradman. Maybe with Ponting.
I see your point, but I would have had Akram in there anyway.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Key
Bell
Prince
*R Clarke
Misbah ul-Haq
Dwayne Smith
Bernard
+Ratra
Wiseman
Bracken
Mason
decent side...but dwayne smith is too errr not good enough to be in there. but i would love to see that side play against the current zim side.

ahh mahwire to rikki clarke...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I've decided to re-haul my team.

Sunil Gavaskar
Donald Bradman
George Headley
Brian Lara
Sachin Tendulkar
Garfield Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Imran Khan
Malcolm Marshall
Sydney Barnes
Courtney Walsh

12th Man: Jonty Rhodes

Substitutes- Muttiah Muralitharan,Shane Warne,Alec Stewart

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SELECTION MADE EASY !!

Its contentious choosing an 11 but perhaps a bit easier to agree on a touring side. So how about a 16 member test side and a 14 member ODI side. I am goiving a pool of players to choose from. IDEAS ??

All Time test Team

Openers : Hobbs, Sutcliffe, Hutton, Trumper, Gavaskar, Barry Richards, (Choose any three)

One down batsman : Don Bradman ( Choose any one )

Middle order batsmen : Viv Richards, Everton Weekes, George Headley, Hammond, Graeme Pollock, Tendulkar, Lara (Choose any four)

All Rounder : Garfield Sobers (Choose any one)

Wicket keeper : Evans, Oldfield, Taylor, Knott, Marsh, Healy (Choose any two)
Spinners : Grimett, Orielly, Warne, Murali, Laker, Verity (Choose any two)
Pacers : Barnes, Larwood, Trueman, Lindwall, Lillee, Ambrose, Walsh, Holding, Marshall, Garner, Wasim, Imran, Hadlee, (choose any three)

ONE DAY TEAM

Batsmen : Tendulkar, Lara, Bradman, Viv Richards, Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Ponting, Hayden, Compton, Dexter, (Choose any six)

Wicket keeper : Gilchrist, Walcott. Ames (Choose any one)

Batting All Rounders : Sobers, Botham, Kallis, Woolley (Choose any two )
Bowling All Rounders : Hadlee, Imran, Miller, Marshall, Mankad, Kapil, Proctor (Choose any three)

Bowlers : Lillee, Barnes, Akram, Lindwall, Warne Murali, Holding (Choose any two)

NOTE : Amended based on suggestions.[/I]

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
SELECTION MADE EASY !!

Its contentious choosing an 11 but perhaps a bit easier to agree on a touring side. So how about a 16 member test side and a 14 member ODI side. I am goiving a pool of players to choose from. IDEAS ??

All Time test Team

Openers : Hobbs, Sutcliffe, Hutton, Trumper, Gavaskar, Barry Richards, Hayden (Choose any three)

One down batsman : Don Bradman ( Choose any one )

Middle order batsmen : Viv Richards, Everton Weekes, George Headley, Hammond, Graeme Pollock, (Choose any four)

All Rounder : Garfield Sobers (Choose any one)

Wicket keeper : Evans, Oldfield, Taylor, Knott, Marsh, Healy (Choose any two)
Spinners : Grimett, Orielly, Warne, Murali, Laker, Verity (Choose any two)
Pacers : Barnes, Larwood, Trueman, Lindwall, Lillee, Ambrose, Walsh, Holding, Marshall, Garner, Wasim, Imran, Hadlee, (choose any three)

ONE DAY TEAM

Batsmen : Tendulkar, Lara, Bradman, Viv Richards, Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Ponting, Hayden, Compton, Dexter, (Choose any six)

Wicket keeper : Gilchrist, Walcott. Ames (Choose any one)

Batting All Rounders : Sobers, Botham, Kallis, Woolley (Choose any two )
Bowling All Rounders : Hadlee, Imran, Miller, Marshall, Mankad, Kapil, Proctor (Choose any three)

Bowlers : Lillee, Barnes, Akram, Lindwall, Warne Murali, Holding (Choose any two)
Neither Lara nor Tendulkar good enough to make the Test squad?

a massive zebra

International Captain
I selected a Test squad of 18. Here goes:

Hobbs, Gavaskar, Hutton, Bradman (cpt), Pollock, Hammond, Tendukar, Headley, Sobers, Gilchrist, Knott, Murali, O'Reilly, Barnes, Marshall, Imran, Hadlee, Lillee.

And a 16 member one-day squad:

Greenidge, Haynes, Tendulkar, Richards (cpt), Lara, D.Jones, Bevan, Zaheer, Gilchrist, Kallis, Hadlee, Garner, Murali, Ambrose, Akram, Warne.

Bold = In my 1st XI

IMO it is rather unwise to select old players who never played one-day cricket for one-day teams. Test and one-day cricket are completely different games and require different skills as shown by the comparative failure of Gavaskar and Marshall and the success of Bevan and Agarkar.

Last edited: