• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mzansi Super League 2019

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the highlights on YouTube now. Video currently has 343 views which by the looks of it eclipses the paid attendance. Wanderers is empty.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Few more faces in the crowd now. Still not a good look for the opening game of the tournament.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
One of the biggest issues I`m having with the MSL league is them playing guys like, Roy, Dunk along with Thomson and Heino etc. Leaving out players like Breetzke. I stop seeing the point of the MSL if the young talented players get dropped for the T20 world travellers; particularly when there is little interest from the SA public already, none of these internationals are likely to get that interest up.

Are these international players creating any sort of international audience.... unlikely.

Stefan9

International Debutant
One of the biggest issues I`m having with the MSL league is them playing guys like, Roy, Dunk along with Thomson and Heino etc. Leaving out players like Breetzke. I stop seeing the point of the MSL if the young talented players get dropped for the T20 world travellers; particularly when there is little interest from the SA public already, none of these internationals are likely to get that interest up.

Are these international players creating any sort of international audience.... unlikely.
Breetzke was sick, he played in the first 2 games. But wasn't available for the last game due to being ill.

slippy888

International Captain
Seen a lot of bad feilding during this tournament and amature finishing of closing out cricket matches from match winning positions.

Bahseph

State Captain
This was one of the worst chokes I've seen. If you have any time I suggest you guys check the highlights.

slippy888

International Captain
This was one of the worst chokes I've seen. If you have any time I suggest you guys check the highlights.
What about yesterdays game also the durban heat had the game under control then the feilder made a sloppy error on the boundary letting the ball go for 4 then the collapse started for them and let the giants grab the edge.

Heboric

International Debutant
Always feel for Cape sports fans, their sports teams always **** them over.

That was pathetic by the Blitz

SeamUp

International Coach
Must admit, I haven't watched loads of this as I am just bored of watching boundaries and sixes but I just hope some of young players have absorbed the pressures and the higher quality. Loving the fact Eric Simons, Gary Kirsten and Adrian Birrell are coaches and I think our young players working with them is invaluable.

Breetzke showed last night he is just proper cricket shots and timing and probably our best young player of spin bowling (especially how quick he is on his feet).

Janneman Malan (still have slight concerns) but he is knocking on the Proteas door and should be in our limited overs team. Could even go as far to say if Markram isn't ready for Boxing day he may get the nod from me, even ahead of Eddie Moore.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Two youngsters that have shown something with repeat performances this season is J. Malan and Marco Marais. Nandre Burger looking good as well.

I can see why they like Marco Jansen.