• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn retires from Test cricket

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

****. Just no. He's not allowed to. I'm not ready for this yet.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What a player. There were a few years before Anderson peaked, the new breed of Aussies emerged, etc where he really did stand alone amongst fast bowlers.

A joy to watch unless you were hoping for him to fail and walks into a C21 XI.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The best fast bowler of the post-McGrath era by miiiiiiiiiles. Really sad to see him go.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely sensational bowler, the greatest pacer of the modern era. To some extent this is not a major surprise, he's had a torrid time of if with injuries, but he will still be missed majorly

Slifer

International Captain
Greatest post McGrath bowler period. Top ten of all time. Still would have a select few above him though.

morgieb

Depressing the last four years of his career and also the lack of a real send-off. One of the greatest bowlers of all-time. Just was a remarkable bowler.

Daemon

The thing about watching his highlights reels are that the wickets themselves are almost secondary to the whole spectacle. You need to watch the entire spell of bowling where he’s flicked a switch and is steaming in and beating the bat again and again to really truly know what Dale Steyn was all about. You hit peak enjoyment and get your money’s worth long before he actually finds the inevitable edge or rips the off pole out the ground.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was the only player I almost enjoyed watching beat my side. His ability to dominate the game was second to none. A sad loss for cricket.

But a reminder that cricket stops for no one. All the greats eventually have to stop and it's only after they're gone that their genius can be truly appreciated.

Logan

U19 Captain
I would place Steyn ahead of Ambrose. Steyn was peerless. The best strike rate in history of cricket.

Last edited: