• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hussain Quits Cricket

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Ah, Americans and cricket.

Must be a Davison thing - blame Canada.
So, If an Englishman decides to live in another country (let's say Iraq), Does he become an IRAQI. ;)

PY

International Coach
Sanz said:
He criticized teh ICC but forgot to say a word about ECB which immidiately after the world cup invited the same Zimbabwe Team to play a traingular series in England.
Sanz said:
What support was he expecting from ECB ?? I am sure he wasn't expectin ECB to go aganist ICC because in that case England would have been thrown out of International Cricket.
You're confusing me.

You're saying the ECB should have done something about Zimbabwe touring in the summer but it was specified by the ICC so by your continuing line of logic, the ECB couldn't have done anything about it.

You're contridicting yourself from what I can see.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
So, If an Englishman decides to live in another country (let's say Iraq), Does he become an IRAQI. ;)
If he chooses to take out nationality by residence, then yes. It takes years but there are many examples in cricket

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
IMO, Hussains comments are nonsense and hypocritical at best, What's the point in talking about the world cup now.

Because it's the first time he could?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Damn, I missed the obvious answer first time around.

No, if an Englishman chose to live in Iraq, he would become an American (in a few years it'll be the 51st state)

chicane

State Captain
luckyeddie said:

No, if an Englishman chose to live in Iraq, he would become an American (in a few years it'll be the 51st state)
No the 52nd. Afghanistan will be the 51st. :)

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Hick, Caddick, Lamb, Smith...

And Football... Brazil-born Alex Santos played for Japan tonight.
Deco - Portugal (born in Portugal), Kevin Krungi (sp) - Germany (born in Brazil), Freddie Kanoute - Mali (born in France).

In cricket, people like Clarrie Grimmett and Brendan Juilan were both born in NZ and wore the Baggygreen.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
Deco - Portugal (born in Portugal), Kevin Krungi (sp) - Germany (born in Brazil), Freddie Kanoute - Mali (born in France).

In cricket, people like Clarrie Grimmett and Brendan Juilan were both born in NZ and wore the Baggygreen.
Kanouté wasn't a residency qualification, don't know about the others.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
If he chooses to take out nationality by residence, then yes. It takes years but there are many examples in cricket
And What if he doesn't take up teh nationality or what if my country offers dual citizenship ;)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

No, if an Englishman chose to live in Iraq, he would become an American
Wrong, he would be half English half American. :lol:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
PY said:
You're confusing me.

You're saying the ECB should have done something about Zimbabwe touring in the summer but it was specified by the ICC so by your continuing line of logic, the ECB couldn't have done anything about it.

You're contridicting yourself from what I can see.
Natwest series are specified by ICC ?? Does the ICC also force ECB to invite the teams ?? 8-)

I am not contradicting myself, IMO ECB doesn't get any directive from ICC with regard to the summer tournaments in England.