• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predicting the Sri Lankan squad for the New Zealand test series

IndikaJ

Cricket Spectator
Got 11 out of 15 right ��!

Dilruwan a forced change due to injury. Lahiru Kumara for Kasun Rajitha an acceptable change. Selectors have selected 3 wicket keepers and still don't understand how Thirimanne made to the test unit.

https://medium.com/the-sports-niche/predicting-the-sri-lankan-squad-for-the-new-zealand-test-series-5e7f593a5608

JUST IN: Dinesh Chandimal named in ���� squad for first Test against ����

Karunaratne (c), Mathews, Chandimal, Thirimanne, Kusal Mendis, Kusal Perera, Dickwella, Dhananjaya De Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Embuldeniya, Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Oshada Fernando, Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando

Sarun

U19 Debutant
my guesses
XI:
Karunaratne (C)
Oshada Fernando
K Mendis
Mathews
K Perrera
N Dickwella (WK)
Dhananjaya de Silva
Akila Dananjaya
Vishwa Fernando
Lakmal
Embuldeniya

Bench: Thirimanne, Chandimal, Sandakan, Kumara

Oshada will prolly make the team but is he an opener in FC level? don wanna have Thrimanne in the XI.
And is Chandimal gonna sit out? I was between him and Dickwella in the line-up but don't think former held gloves in test level in years.
Don't think Kumara might come in over Lakmal. And I went with Akila (and Embuldeniya) over Sandakan.

IndikaJ

Cricket Spectator
my guesses
XI:
Karunaratne (C)
Oshada Fernando
K Mendis
Mathews
K Perrera
N Dickwella (WK)
Dhananjaya de Silva
Akila Dananjaya
Vishwa Fernando
Lakmal
Embuldeniya

Bench: Thirimanne, Chandimal, Sandakan, Kumara

Oshada will prolly make the team but is he an opener in FC level? don wanna have Thrimanne in the XI.
And is Chandimal gonna sit out? I was between him and Dickwella in the line-up but don't think former held gloves in test level in years.
Don't think Kumara might come in over Lakmal. And I went with Akila (and Embuldeniya) over Sandakan.
Good choices man!

Karunaratne (opening), Kusal Mendis (no 4), Angelo (no5) will be certain inclusions.
KJP will be there but his position will depend a lot on inclusion of Chandimal or Dickwella.
Lakmal, Embuldeniya are also most probably make the eleven.

The ideal 11 given the 15 presented would be;

Karunaratne (c)
Kusal Perera
Oshada Fernando
Kusal Mendis
Mathews
Dinesh Chandimal
Dhananjaya de Silva
Lakmal
Embuldeniya
Akila Dananjaya
Vishwa Fernando (depending on the pitch it can be Sandakan or Kumara for his extra pace)

But I have a feeling Thirimanne will be included in this side given De Mel likes him, which means either Chandimal or Oshada has to sit out. Given Chandimals seniority I think it will be Oshada unfortunately. In a proper selection Thiri should not be in the test side

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Also seems like Dhananjaya de Silva is now considered in the lower middle order. Wasn't that long ago that he came in 3 or 4.