• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prithvi Shaw suspended for doping violation

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh dear. India's name dragged through the mud. Again. Systematic at this point really.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The annoying part is that one of Rahul or Dhawan gets yet another go. Which of those two is it going to be? Or maybe they'll push Vihari up to open and play Rohit again..

Shri

Mr. Glass
A BCCI release said Shaw had "inadvertently ingested a prohibited substance, which can be commonly found in cough syrups."
why the **** is something found in cough syrups on a banned list of substances

Kirkut

International Regular
What was he ingesting? It's not that he would start hitting 150 meter sixes effortlessly.

Edit: Guess cricketers should start taking natural ayurvedic medicines instead.

Last edited:

Daemon

What was he ingesting? It's not that he would start hitting 150 meter sixes effortlessly.

Edit: Guess cricketers should start taking natural ayurvedic medicines instead.
oh dear

3 nixons to you

Burgey

why the **** is something found in cough syrups on a banned list of substances
There are plenty of readily available substances which are tbf. A lot depends on how much of the substance was found in his system. We had a bloke here back in the 90s who got done for elevated caffeine, was an Olympic athlete. He said he drank a lot of coffee, but the amount in his blood suggested he'd have had to have drunk like 140 cups of full strength coffee in the 12 hours before his test, or something like that.

There have been a number of athletes done through ingesting widely available substances in the past. It always strikes me as tough to some extent, but it gets back to being responsible for what you take, like the Aussie swimmer who got done at the WCs recently. She says she didn't knowingly take it, but apparently she didn't check what was in the supplement she was taking. With Shaw, if it comes back that there's some minimal trace of the drug consistent with taking cough syrup, then I fell sorry for him. But if there's enough of it to knock over a horse, then its suggestive he's been bathing in cough syrup for quite some time, and if that's the case then the ban is jokingly short.

In any event, quality young player.

Edit: How's the BCCI just accepting what he said straight up and giving him a minimal ban? Two other blokes done too. There seems to be a lot of inadvertent ingestion going on here. Blokes need to watch what they eat ffs. Also, is anyone across where the BCCI anti-doping regime sits compared with WADA sanctions?

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
If what is said about PEDs are true, he will have to change his name from PP Shaw to PP Small.

TheJediBrah

I'm surprised BCCI let this slip through. Thought they would have made a better effort of covering it up

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are plenty of readily available substances which are tbf. A lot depends on how much of the substance was found in his system. We had a bloke here back in the 90s who got done for elevated caffeine, was an Olympic athlete. He said he drank a lot of coffee, but the amount in his blood suggested he'd have had to have drunk like 140 cups of full strength coffee in the 12 hours before his test, or something like that.

There have been a number of athletes done through ingesting widely available substances in the past. It always strikes me as tough to some extent, but it gets back to being responsible for what you take, like the Aussie swimmer who got done at the WCs recently. She says she didn't knowingly take it, but apparently she didn't check what was in the supplement she was taking. With Shaw, if it comes back that there's some minimal trace of the drug consistent with taking cough syrup, then I fell sorry for him. But if there's enough of it to knock over a horse, then its suggestive he's been bathing in cough syrup for quite some time, and if that's the case then the ban is jokingly short.

In any event, quality young player.

Edit: How's the BCCI just accepting what he said straight up and giving him a minimal ban? Two other blokes done too. There seems to be a lot of inadvertent ingestion going on here. Blokes need to watch what they eat ffs. Also, is anyone across where the BCCI anti-doping regime sits compared with WADA sanctions?
Who was injecting ridiculously amounts of caffeine and why? Lol

DriveClub

International Regular
Legalize PEDs. I would actually pay to see drug Olympics. I wanna a see a 100m sprint where everyone is doped up. 8 second finishes would be cool

TheJediBrah

Legalize PEDs. I would actually pay to see drug Olympics. I wanna a see a 100m sprint where everyone is doped up. 8 second finishes would be cool
They have that, it's just called the Olympics

they just happen to catch someone every now and then to make it seem legit