• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2019-2020

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Time for this I guess. This could be moved into CC after the Ashes maybe.

Don't think I can remember a time when so many spots were questionable/up for grabs/no idea who the selectors will pick.

What I'd like to see (assuming Khawaja is fit):

Khawaja
Warner
Smith
Patterson
Pukovski
Wade
Paine +
Pattinson
Starc
Cummins
Lyon

What I think the selectors will do:

Bancroft
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Head/Labuschagne
M.Marsh
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Hazelwood
Lyon

I get that Pukovski probably shouldn't be thrown into the team here, but I rate the kid that highly.

Francis9898

Cricket Spectator
Khawaja is not good enough to just auto walk back into the side. Cummins + Patto have to play and I think Labuschagne over Head.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I get that Pukovski probably shouldn't be thrown into the team here, but I rate the kid that highly.
Personally I absolutely loathe this line of thinking. All this "next big thing" hype is doing nothing but putting undue pressure on his shoulders. Never been a fan of picking batsman with very little FC experience, would much rather rely on tried and tested options in the Ashes, throwing Pucovski in the deep end is really a risk not worth taking.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Khawaja is not good enough to just auto walk back into the side. Cummins + Patto have to play and I think Labuschagne over Head.
He absolutely is good enough to walk back into this side, and I don't even rate him.

Francis9898

Cricket Spectator
Perhaps I missed Khawaja’s incredible away record and the fact that he’s 100% match fit. Whoops, silly me! Then again, I forgot opinions are banned here.

Burgey

He’s good enough to walk into this side because he’s a test class batsman in a side which only has two others.

Gob

International Coach
Perhaps I missed Khawaja’s incredible away record and the fact that he’s 100% match fit. Whoops, silly me! Then again, I forgot opinions are banned here.
You can have as many opinions as you like. Just think that particular one is uneducated.

Francis9898

Cricket Spectator
You need better opinions. Maybe they sell them at Northland.
Maybe I am wrong - but you don’t need to be like that. Is that what you do all day in your sad little life? Be a dick to new members who have different views to you? Are you Piers Morgan?

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Maybe I am wrong - but you don’t need to be like that. Is that what you do all day in your sad little life? Be a dick to new members who have different views to you? Are you Piers Morgan?
Dude I've fed you mostly compliments. I asked you to post more and liked most of your posts. I make one joke about an opinion you have and all of a sudden I'm being "a dick to new members" and have a "sad little life"?

I don't think I'm the one coming across as having issues here tbf

Gob

International Coach
Won't be a member for long with an attitude like this.

Francis9898

Cricket Spectator
Dude I've fed you mostly compliments. I asked you to post more and liked most of your posts. I make one joke about an opinion you have and all of a sudden I'm being "a dick to new members" and have a "sad little life"?

I don't think I'm the one coming across as having issues here tbf
You know as well as I that was a sarcastic comment. Saying ‘Francis pls post more’. Jokes are when two people laugh, if you don’t like or agree with what I say, great. That’s why I joined - for differences of opinion. New members should feel welcome instead of abused or needlessly provoked.

trundler

Squad Tim Paine (capt), Cameron Bancroft, Pat Cummins, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner

Haha, both Siddle and Neser. No KP.

TheJediBrah

You know as well as I that was a sarcastic comment. Saying ‘Francis pls post more’. Jokes are when two people laugh, if you don’t like or agree with what I say, great. That’s why I joined - for differences of opinion. New members should feel welcome instead of abused or needlessly provoked.
M8, pay close attention here for a moment. That was not a sarcastic comment. I thought the fact that I "liked" your post before hand would have made that obvious. I was a big fan of your attitude at first and having a go at the poms was hilarious, but now you're just coming across as being a bit unstable and having a victim complex.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Is this the first time in history that two incumbent Test bats that scored a century in their last Test were dropped....Burns and K'Pat we remember you :(